25

Mallory in the picture.
-------------------------------------

Coach blew up Neriah's phone since she was supposed to meet up with him after the flight to discuss the schedule they were given. He got off the elevator and went to the front desk to see if she checked in already.

"Hello." Coach said getting the man at the desks attention.

"Hi there." He said looking up from his computer. "Is there anything I can help you with sir?"

"Yes. I checked in about fifteen minutes ago. My partner, Neriah Calvin, was supposed to meet up with and she hasn't been responding to my calls or messages. I was wondering if she had checked in."

"Give me one second." He typed on his computer opening guest files. "What's your name sir?"

"David Blatt." Coach responded.

The man behind the desk, who's name tag read Joshua, typed coach's name in the search bar and all his hotel information popped up.

"Ah I see. You and Neriah Calvin were supposed to sign in at 10:45 but only a David Blatt, which would be you, has signed in. Neriah Calvin has not. But documented here, all her belonging were brought to her room."

Coach was confused. Neriah had left her phone charger back in Cleveland and had told Coach she'd catch up with him at the hotel after buying a new one.

I'm sure it doesn't take that long to buy a charger especially since her phone wasn't dead when we got off the plane and there was a electronic store not that far from the air port. She should be back by now. Coach thought.

But Neriah wasn't anywhere near the hotel, or the airport, or the electronic store.

Mallory, Will's assistant, stood over a knocked out Neriah. "Wake her up." One of the guys that brought her in picked up the bucket full of water and  splashed it on her. Neriah instantly woke up gasping since the water had shot up her nose.

"Hi Ri. It's been forever girl." Mallory said pulling up a chair and sitting across from her.

"Where am I?" Neriah said squinting from the bright lights.

"In a room silly." Mallory said making herself laugh.

"What do you want? Why am I here?" Neriah asked feeling a pounding headache coming her way. She had hit her head on the car window making a deep three inch gash down the side of her face.

"Me personally? I would like to let you go so you can do whatever it is you were doing here in Denver. But this is for Will. You put him in jail so he wants you dead. But of course he can't do that from three cement walls and a jail cell door. So he hired me do it, it was optional, but I'd do anything for that man."

"But why?" Neriah said watching a Guard come in with a gun.

"Will is planning to talk. He's gonna deny everything you've said. Audio recordings are admissible in court but if your not there you can't testify against him. That means most chargers will be dropped due to your absence. Instead of spending twenty years in prison, he might get give years for black mail and a few other things. But then he could get off early for good behavior. I've done the math and his chances of getting the deal I just described will most likely be given to him." Mallory crossed one leg over the other. "I suggest you act well. We're trying to find the location of your precious boyfriend and his son. You wouldn't want anything to happen to them would? I don't want anything to happen so be a good girl. Well I take that last part back, you won't be able to do anything after these two are done with you." She pointed to the two men standing against the wall. "Will has a whole day full of activities planned for you." Mallory stood up and walked towards the door. "I'll be back to check on you after Will's 'confession'". She walked out and the door to the room closed.

The guard with the gun stood in front of the door while the two others walked up to Neriah.

----------------------------