28

Read Authors note at the end.
--------------------------------

Noah cried loudly as his throat burned from coughing.

"Sshhh. You're only making it worse." Neriah said rocking him. He coughed roughly shaking him and Riah. There was nothing she could do for him but try to calm him down. It's not like he understood what she was saying so he couldn't take her advice. He needed the antibiotics the doctors gave him but they were states away.

Mallory felt bad that Noah wasn't doing so well. She even went to the store to buy infants cough syrup but she never got around to bring it Neriah. She's to busy working with Will's lawyer trying to get him freed.

"I know, I know." Neriah said in his ear. Noah laid on her chest and as he cried. She looked at the bathroom door and wished she could take a shower. But every time she calls out for a Guard to let her take one they never come. They had her on a bathroom and food schedule thinking it was enough to keep her from trying anything. But they were to stupid to notice am the noise in her room only thinking it was the TV.

They hadn't came to the room to feed her or Noah in two day making Riah nervous. She didn't mind not eating since all they gave her was cereal, but she'd give Noah the milk instead of using it for herself. But if the guard never brings her food then Noah can't get the milk.

Neriah laid Noah down on the bed and yanked at the shackles on the wall making the dry wall crack. Everyday for the past week since she's been there she's tried to get the shackles out the wall. She covered Noah's face so he wouldn't breath in the dust.

"C'mon." She said pulling harder. Her wrist was damn near black from the bruising. Tears slipped down her face from the pain of pulling. She moved Noah towards the head on the small bed so he'd be out the way. She used her other hand to pull the chain making the crack get bigger and the nails on the wall connected piece to the shackle became looser.

She heard voices coming from the other side of the door. She stopped and put her back to the wall where the crack was and put Noah in her arms to cover her wrists. The door opened and a Guard came in.

"I thought I heard something?"

"It was just Noah caughing." Neriah said giving a nervous smile.

"Oh." He said giving her a suspicious look before turning back towards the door.

"Wait!" Neriah called out.

"What?" The guard said in a irritated tone.

"When will the food get here? Noah has to eat."

"I don't know. And I don't care. Drink your spit or something." He said before walking out and closing the door.

Neriah felt herself about to cry. She didn't know what to do. It would be physically impossible for her to breast feed him and all there was to drink was a bucket full of water from the dripping water pipes above. She wouldn't dare give that to him considering the bucket was rusty. She knew he was hungry and it caused him to cry most of the time, that's why she had to get out of there. She knew it was safe for them to be there.

Neriah wiped her face and put Noah beside her and went back to trying to get the chain out the wall.

--

"Zion we need you out there." Adam Silvers said. He had stepped in to couch the team since they hadn't found a new one. Jacques stared out into space thinking about where his family could be. His mind and heart were no where near the game. He couldn't do anything knowing his son and girlfriend was missing.

"Do you hear me?" Adam said. Jacq ignored him. Hernandez looked at her partner Maxwell. They had been ordered by Adam to be his extra security making sure his MVP wasn't snatched away. Adam was sympathetic to Jacq's situation but he was brining him a lot of money to the company. If jacq doesn't play he's out of millions.