12

Neriah

I took the pen and signed the dotted line quickly.

I can't believe this is happening.

He took the stack of papers and put them back in the drawer. "Before we leave for Canada, a man will be here to take this contract. This is official. This is real. I belive you can do this." I couldn't help but to shed a few tears.

I didn't know whether I was crying because this is overwhelming or I'm crying because he's leaving.

He came around his desk and hugged me. "Don't shed no tears over this. You straighten up and go back out there and whip those boys into shape. I don't want you to tell anybody. Not even Jacques. I think it's to much for them to handle considering they're getting prepared for a big game that's coming up in a few weeks." I nodded and wiped my face. "Alright let's go back out there."

Jacques

I stood under the shower head trying to relax my muscles. Neriah was whoopin' our asses today. Like we didn't have not one break.

"Jacq he won't stop crying." I wiped the glass to see Riah come in with Sunny in her arms going crazy.

I sighed. "Take all his shit off and bring him here." I reached forward and turned the cold water up so the water wouldn't be to hot. I cracked the shower door and took him from her and held him with one arm.

She left out the bathroom since she's packing our stuff.

"Why you always interrupting me while I'm in the shower?" He laid on my chest with his little arms tucked under him. I struggled to grab the soap trying not to drop him.

Noah has to be close to me every second of the day. If he can't see me or hear me he's gonna cry until he does. As you see for example I can't even wash my ass for 10 minutes before he has to come in with me. But I can't complain though.

I poured a few drops of soup down his back and started washing him. "Noah I don't know what you gonna do when you get older. Cause one day you gotta take baths on your own." He looked up at me stupid  and laid his head back down. I laughed and made sure I didn't get any in his eyes. Even though the bottle says tear proof, it still irritates his eyes. "I'm serious. And then you'll be eating on your own and walking. I can't wait for that since your ass is getting heavy." I switched arms and held him like a football so I could get his legs and feet.

I made sure to take my time to enjoy this moment with my son considering I'll be leaving him in a couple hours.

I'm nervous as fuck to be doing this all-star weekend. Every team in the NBA is going to be out there. It's one of the most watched sporting events in America ans I'm scared I'm gonna fuck up, especially since I just found out about it. I mean I dunk during games here and there but I don't do no tricks and all that.

I held Noah by his armpits and held him under the water. He kicked his legs smiling. He loves this shit.

After all the soap was rinsed off him, I laid him in the plastic bathtub that I had installed to the wall. I tried washing him and myself at one time once.... Let's just say I thank God for good reflexes.

He fussed as I put him down but that was better than him crying.

"Baby which uniform do you want me to pack?" Riah yelled from the bedroom.

"Uh, the all yellow!" I yelled back. I grabbed my washcloth and waited for her to respond. 

"Okay!" We have two hours to meet everybody at the airport. I'm excited about going to Canada but I'm not excited about leaving Noah here with Mira. I trust her, it's just this will be the first time imma be away from him. It was hard going to practice this morning so I can't imagine being miles and miles away from him.