16

Jacques

I was worried about missing this dunk contest, I won the whole shit. Seeing Noah really boosted my confidence, plus that nigga drake gave me a few words of encouragement before I did my last dunk. Neriah really brought my son out here for me. I couldn't stop thanking her as soon as I got suuny in my arms but as soon as I saw my mom it was a wrap. All that shit went down the toilet.

When they handed me my third trophy for the night I answered a few questions and got the fuck out of there. I don't need my mom around my son, my girl, or Mira.

I asked Neriah on the way back to the hotel if she had said anything to her, she told me she kept asking about unique and told her to ask me about the situation, she also said she asked about Noah and told my mom that he was her son. That had a nigga really happy even with the situation at hand. I wish Noah was really hers that way unique wouldn't be in the picture. But that's not how God intended things I guess.

I made sure Mira had gotten to her room safely before hanging up the phone. I looked behind me to see Neriah playing with Noah. It means the world to me that she's this attached to him. Any other girl would've ran from me at the mention that I had another woman's child on the way. But she stuck beside me even through all the bullshit I put her through.

I wrapped the hotel towel tighter on my waist and left out the room to make Noah a bottle.

"So you leave me in hot ass Georgia to play house?" I turned the faucet off on the sink and opened the can of formula to put one and a half scoops in and screwed the top on.

"How'd you get in here?" I shook up the bottle good making sure all the powder was mixed.

"Your little girlfriend left her bag unzipped when she got up." I looked over my shoulder to see her holding up Neriah's key card. I walked to the living room and took it from her. "Hotels should really stop putting all the room info on the cards. They already put the logo on the front. But the pin number under the Barcode for the scanner, the last three digits are always the room number." She drank from a silver flask quickly and put it in her bra.

"Why are you here?" I leaned against the window looking at her.

"I came because I've changed Ques, I'm ready to come home. I'm better now." She crossed one boney leg over the other and tried to act like she's some got damn angel.

"No the fuck you haven't. I know when you're lying. You cross your leg over the other with that cheesy ass grin. Look at yourself, you look like you haven't eaten in weeks." I tried to keep my voice low so I wouldn't get Noah riled up but she's pissing me off.

"Baby who are you talking to?" Neriah came in holding a fussing Noah. I handed her the bottle to stop him from crying before he starts.

"Just go back in the room, I'll talk you in a second." I kissed her forehead.

She looked around me and saw my mom and looked back at me. "Hmmm, Okay." She turned back around and went back into the room and closed the door.

"Back to what I saying-"

"That's your baby Q?" She asked looking passed me.

"We'll get to that later." I could've sworn I told her about unique being pregnant. I think I told her that the last time I spoke to her.

"No, fuck that. I have a grandson and you're just now telling me?!" She stood up and punched the coffee table. "How could you keep that from me? You're out here bringing life into this world and not including me!" She ran her hands through her hair.

"Mom I could've sworn I told you that around the same time I found out Unique was pregnant." I sighed. Here she go with this crazy shit. .

"But why wouldn't you tell me when he was born? Why? Why? Why?!"  She started hitting the coffee table over and over again.