17

Neriah

I laid Noah down in the other bedroom in the other room. I surrounded him with every in sight so he wouldn't fall off. He finally went to sleep since he was trying to stay awake and be nosey while jacq was on the phone with his mom's nursing home. Kissing his forehead and turning on the baby monitor, I left the room to go back to where jacq was.

"I have no idea how she got out..... I called the place she was staying at and they told me someone she was signed out randomly one day and hadn't been back for weeks. Then the man said she came back out the damn blue and was talking all crazy and shit and now she left again. This time she didn't sign out she just left the building..... I don't know...... Exactly! Which they were suprised about too since the place has a lot of security, so they're thinking she had some help...... They won't know till they check all the security tapes." He rubbed his temples with his fingers while he held the phone between his neck and shoulder.

I closed the bedroom door and put the monitor on the nightstand before getting on the bed. I sat criss cross closely next to him.

"Rico I don't know man. I don't wanna think about it." He took the phone from his ear and looked at the dim screen. "It's three o'clock in the morning. I'll call you fist thing as soon as the people call me..... Love you too. Bye." He hung the phone up and tossed it at the foot of the bed.

"What's going on?"

He sighed and rubbed his hands down his face. "The people at the Gerald facility think someone helped her out. And they can't get a clear image from the security cameras on who it is. So they're gonna get the police involved." He laid his head on my thigh and I instantly started playing in his hair. "We spent two hours on the phone just for them to tell me they don't know shit. Then I called my brother and he talking about my grandmother probably had something to do with it."

I raised an eyebrow. "But isn't she on the run for what she did to Rico's girlfriend?"

"Yeah but I guess she's not anymore." I can see the stress all over his face. He had a lot y to deal with for this all star weekend and now this.

"Baby, you had a long day. Maybe you need to sleep on this." He sat up and looked at me.

"You're right." He got out the bed and turned the lights off. I peeled the covers back and got under them. Jacq got in next to me, wrapping his arms around me

Jacques

"Thank you." I took the tray from the nigga who brought up room service and gave him a tip. I shouldn't have game hon shit since it took him thrifty years to bring this shit up.

Last night still has me heated. When I woke up this morning I still was pissed. My mom always conveniently seems to ruin some shit when I got something good going. Ever since I was a little kid she'd always do some evil ass shit to ruin my mood.

I sat the tray on the dining table and headed into the room to tell neriah the food was here.

"Riah." She was knocked out with Noah sleeping in her arms. To add to my irritation Noah just decided to cry through the whole damn night, right when I was sleeping good. Of course he didn't want nothing, he just wanted to sleep with us. "Baby." I shook her gently so she wouldn't cuss me out. She hates being woken up.

"Hm?"

"The food is here." I sat on the edge of the bed and reached across her to get Noah who was staring up at me smiling.

"That's nice." She rolled on her side and adjusted the pillow under her head.

I notice her ass been sleeping a lot more lately. She was up all night trying to get Noah to stop crying.

"Your food is gonna get cold."

She opened her eyes and looked at me for a second before closing them again. "Fifteen more minutes."

"Okay. But only fifteen." I stood up and left out the room to get the bottle he didn't finish from last night out the refrigerator.

"Damn. You hungry man?" He grabbed the bottle from me and started going in. "Slow down before you choke." I took it from him and held it myself.

He tried to reach for it but I kept my hand there so he couldn't get it. A little frown was on his forehead.

"Ugh I hate you." Neriah walked past me slowly with her hair all crazy.

"Why?" I sat at the table with Noah in my left arm.

"I couldn't go back to sleep." She sat across from me and put her head on the table.

"I'm sorry. I love you." I got up and kissed the side of her face. She sat up and kissed me back.

"I love you too." Noah looked at me and then Neriah smiling.

I shook my head and say back in my seat.

I read the index card that leaned against the left plate and saw the word 'omelet' in cursive. That's Neriah's plate.

I grabbed the on the right and took the lid off.

"This shit smells good." Noah stopped drinking and looked at my plate. "You can't have this. You wanted this bottle just a second ago, here." I tried to put it to his mouth but he jerk his head away. "Fine be hungry."

Neriah's phone vibrated on the table getting her attention. She picked it up and answered.

"Hello.... No its fine. No i haven't....." She frowned and got up from the table to. "Why?..... But you said after the season you'd-.... But I don't graduated for another six weeks...... Alright. I'll have to call my school to let them know. Okay, bye." She shook her head and sat her phone on the table.

"Who was that?"

"Coach. He's making some last minute changes, he'll let all you guys know what it is once we get back to Cleveland." She took the lid off the plate and started eating.

I feel like she hiding something but I'm gonna leave it alone.

Neriah

I hate lying more than anything.

But I have to.

Coach just told me he needs me to start coaching immediately once we get back home. The NBA isn't going to let him go any further with this team. It feels like all the weight I take off the more weight piles on. I keep telling myself I can do this but this is a great responsibility.

Hopefully I can do it.

---------------------