Chapter 14

Let me start out by saying I freaking love you guys so much. So many reads and votes! I love you all, don't forget that :)

This chapter is dedicated to Silent_Siren because her comments are hilarious to read, and she's just an awesome person :) Love ya! Don't stop the commenting ;D

______________

"If you were being hold captive, and the only way for you to live was to suck a fart, would you do it?"

"Hell yeah! I'd suck that shit up." I quirked an eyebrow. "If it means living." Vance added, scratching his neck.

"You seem a little excited at the idea." I teased, snickering.

He shrugged, knotting the end of the net he was fixing.

"I like living." He said simply. I laughed, shaking my head as he passed me the net to put in a box.

"What are these nets for?" I asked, watching as he weaved a stick through the net, a piece of thick string attached to the end of it.

"Catch any Rogues." He said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Rogues?"

"Wolves that have broken the rules, and therefore have no pack, have left their pack, or were born without a pack."

"Oh." I said, nodding my head.

Poor wolves.

"Don't feel sorry for them. It was their idea to cease to follow their orders." I snapped my head to the entrance of the basement, watching Colton thump down the wooden stairs, holding the bag of ripped nets.

"I'm not feeling sorry for them." I said. "I was just thinking..." I trailed off, wondering if it'd be a good idea to bring this situation back up.

"Thinking what?" He asked, setting it down next to Vance and I.

"Remember that guy that you punched?" He nodded, and I noticed his hands clench. "Is he a Rogue?"

Colton shrugged. "Unless he was adopted into another pack, yes."

I mumbled an 'oh', moving back to helping Vance. It was silent for a while, before I decided to lighten the situation.

"Vance likes to suck farts." I said, laughing at Colton's 'wtf' face.

"I do not! I simply said that if I were dying, and the only way to live was to suck farts, then I'd do it!" I laughed harder at his incredulous face.

"Oh, I love you." I chuckled, patting his shoulder. I heard a low growl, and turned to Colton, who was glaring at my hand on Vance's shoulder. "Colt? You ok?" I asked, slipping my hands back to my sides.

"Fine." He grumbled.

I didn't miss the glare he gave Vance. Vance juggled from one foot to the other, looking slightly nervous. He nodded quickly, and left the basement.

"What was your conversation about?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing." He said.

"Colton, I know you mind linked him. What was it about?"

He sighed. "None of your concern." I glared at him.

"Colton." I said again, more force in my voice.

"It was nothing!" He said again, defense clear in his voice.

"Fine." I said, turning around and fixing the nets.

He groaned, stepping closer to me. "Silent treatment?" He asked. I didn't respond, busy weaving the stick through the net. "Silent treatment." He sighed, nodding.