Chapter 17

Bit of love and sadness in this. Enjoy lovelies :)

____________________________

"See ya later." I waved goodbye to Whitney from inside the car, waiting for Colton to get in.

"Ready?" He asked once he got in. I smiled, giving a small nod. He grinned, and started the car. "Let's go then."

I turned the radio on, waiting for the music to begin.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." He said, a small smile on his face.

I smiled, turning my attention to look out the window. The sun was due to set in a couple minutes or so, but was still shining brightly.

The snow was slowly melting away, making room for Spring to break through. I let a small, sad smile slip my face as the next song started.

When I see your smile 

Tears roll down my face I can't replace. 

And now that I'm strong I have figured out, 

How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul. 

And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one.

I let a small sigh escape me as I watched the trees go past in a blur.

"Have you found out anything?" I asked, facing Colton. "About the Rogues." I added. He shook his head, sighing.

"Not yet. Saxon said he'd try to get some information, but..." I sat straighter as he trailed off.

"But what?"

"I don't know, something feels off. I mean, why now? After all this time, why attack now?"

"Maybe they have a new found confidence." I suggested.

"Yeah, but it doesn't make sense." He murmured, shaking his head.

"We'll talk about this later." I said, sensing him tense a little at the subject.

He nodded, and let a small smile slip his face as he looked at me once more. "We're here." I looked in front of me, smiling as I realized we were now at a cliff sight.

I opened the door, stepping out carefully, and walking to the edge.

"It's beautiful." I murmured softly, looking over the view the sunset was shining on, giving everything a soft shadow.

After a few moments, I felt a presence behind me.

"I know." Colton came up to me, sliding his arms through my waist, and cuddling me up to him, so my back was facing his front.

"What do you have planned?" I asked, turning to face him. He smiled, pointing to his car.

I let out a small laugh as I saw the roof of his Impala covered in a blanket, with a basket laying on top of it.

"You're so cliche'." I laughed, flicking his nose. He gave me a boyish grin, leading me to the car.

"Yeah, but you love it." I smiled, kissing him softly on his lips.

"Yeah. I do." I smiled, and he held a hand out to me.

"If the lady is ready." He said politely, holding out his hand.

"Why thank you." I said in a posh accent, taking his hand and stepping onto the hood of the car. I slid my shoes off, leaving me in a pair of black socks.