Chapter 31

Just a minor problem. For a couple of weeks, I'll only be able to update once or twice a week. Explanation at the end if you wanna know. If not, read on :)

____________

Colton's POV

"There's no going back if you go through with this." Vincent said warningly, staring at Indie warily.

I clenched my jaw, shaking my head.

"I have to try." He nodded in understanding, staying a few more moments, before leaving the room.

I looked down at Indie's peaceful face, absolutely despising myself for letting this happen to her. For letting everything escalate so quickly.

Sighing, I leant down, and moved the blanket down her torso. I lifted up her top, showing her unusually pale skin.

Just one bite.

One bite controls the fate of her life; of our life.

Not needing to think about it further, I leant my head down closer to her side, and let my wolf's canines appear. Breathing once more, I bit her side.

Her back arched as the shackles on her arms and legs pulled with her. I frowned at her reaction, not understanding what was happening.

The bite doesn't take action until the 24 hour mark.

"What's happening?" I asked when Dave's pack doctor came in. He furrowed his own brows, before shaking his head.

"Her body is taking an instant reaction to the bite." He muttered. "Since she's already a mated human, the turn is going to be a little more severe. You'll feel the pain too since you've marked her, but not as strongly."

"Will she be ok?" I asked, taking a cautious step toward her. He nodded, his face assuring.

"Nothing bad has happened yet." He said. "Let's just hope it stays that way."

____________

Indie's POV

Pain. Severe, excruciating pain.

I could feel my back arching, my hands pulling and my legs kicking, but I couldn't control anything.

It was like my mind had lost complete control over my body, and someone was just pressing random buttons, moving my limbs as they pleased.

I couldn't understand what was happening. All I knew was that the pain was overpowering everything else, and I couldn't even do a single thing.

I can't even remember what happened. I just remember passing out, being engulfed by blackness, and now this; pain.

There was this hard pressure in my head, like someone or something was trying to contact me, trying to get me to wake up.

I could still feel my body flailing everywhere, and something cold was binding my legs and wrists.

I felt the smallest touch on my hand, and suddenly, the pain left for a few moments.

I could feel my body calm down, the only thing disturbing me was the pulling of my arms and having no input on what my body was doing.

The pain left only for a few moments, but they were the most amazing felt moments ever. I had felt better; safe.

As soon as the touch left my hand, my body went into psycho mode again.

My bones were aching, my head thumping and my teeth felt like they were going to fall off.

What in God's name is happening to me?

_________________

Colton's POV

I clenched my fist tightly in pain as I held onto Indie's hand, trying to take away as much pain as I could from her.

I only lasted about two minutes, but from the look of her relaxed body and features in those two minutes, I'd say they did a lot to help.

"I need to do it again." I grounded out through my teeth, shaking my arm from the searing pain I felt through Indie.

"You'll go in limbo from the pain. No matter how strong you are, Alpha or not, the pain is too much to handle." The doctor, whose name I now knew as Bate, told me.

"How is she handling it then?" I asked angrily, watching Indie's body tremble and jump.

"It's remarkable; how she hasn't already gone in limbo from the pain. It's quite severe, from what I've heard from those who survived the change." He muttered to himself. "It's a good sign, Alpha. Let's see if your Luna can deliver."

_______________22 hours later_______________

Indie's POV

It felt like days, if not, hours since this on-going - and quite annoying might I add - ache hit my body like a wave. My bones felt like they were going to shatter at any given moment, and my mind felt like someone had set a bag of bricks there and refused to move them until my head flattened.

My mind, surprisingly, was buzzing with thoughts about Colton. I didn't even think I was capable of thinking a single thought at that current moment, but given what the thoughts were about, it made sense.

I felt like I hadn't seen him in years, yet I know it's been only hours since I last saw him; since I last spoke to him.

Before all this started, I wouldn't have thought that my life would take such a rapid turn. I'm mated to a wolf for Christ's sake! I haven't seen my mom in months, my brother in almost fours years.

We've only ever communicated through Skype and phone calls, but it's just not the same.

And now...now that I'm going through this horrendous moment, I fear that I'm not going to live. I fear that I'll never see Colton, or mom, or Leon.

Even dad.

I'm scared, and my God I've never admitted to that. I've never admitted to myself, let alone to others, that I'm scared of life. I'm scared of being alone, of being left, and of dying.

All these emotions, all these feelings that are rushing through my mind as my body surges in agony...they're terrifying. And I want them to go away. I just want to live in a fairy tale; in happy ever after.

But it doesn't exist. And in some sense, I'm okay with that. You know, life is supposed to be like this, it's supposed to be unsuspecting, surprising, full of adventures.

And, as contradicting as this sounds, I love that. I love not being able to tell who I'm going to marry, who's going to be my best friend and why I am who I am.

Cutting off my thoughts like a blade, another agonizing surge racked my body, until I felt myself go limp.

Silence. Peacefulness. Only after shocks of pain.

I knew I wasn't dead, for I felt a smooth hand laying on my forehead, then another on my hand, and then one moving slowly to my cheek.

I could hear voices, but I couldn't figure out what they were saying.

I could sense another presence; not in the room I was most likely in, but in my head.

I always knew I was a loony, but feeling another person, another thing in my head?

My God, say goodbye to sanity Indie.

"...up. C'mon, give me something. Anything. Please..."

Voices faded in and out, allowing me to catch snip its of things that were being said.

"...strong. I know you are. Please, be strong. For me..."

Colton.

I wanted desperately to cry out and reply to him. I wanted him to hold me in his arms, and tell me everything was going to be alright, even if they weren't. I just wanted him.

I tried anything and everything to try and move even the tiniest bit to let him know I was here. That I was ok.

"...please don't go. I need you..."

Just as I was about to try and move again, one last ounce of agony hit my body, causing me to cry out.

The bonds on my wrists tightened as I pulled one last time, before finally letting my body rest.

I was panting, that much I knew. I felt sweat lining the back of my neck and my forehead, and the bonds that were constricting me were being let loose.

"Indie?" It was a mere whisper, but it was enough to get me to open my eyes.

Slowly, agonizingly slowly, my eyes opened. At first, all I saw was white. Then my eyes adjusted, and one figure appeared above me, self-loathing, concern and sadness written all over their face.

His face. His face.

Oh my Jesus of food and Karate, his face is so beautiful. So gorgeous. 

"Colton?" I wanted to scream out and lunge for him in a hug, but all I could muster was a very tired and croaky 'Colton'.

"Hey." He breathed, relief overpowering every other emotion that was clustered into one on his features. "You're ok. You're ok, you're alive." He said, his eyes closing as he let his head hang, his hand still secured tightly around my own.

I let out a breath of air, wincing as I tried to adjust my position.

"Barely." I croaked again, holding onto Colton's shoulder as he helped me sit up. I tried to smile in appreciation, and let my head fall back on the head rest of the bed.

It looked like I was in some Infirmary. Everything was white, and the only person in here was Colton.

I could have sworn I heard someone else...

"I missed you." I finally said, my bottom lip trembling as I looked over his features; Colton doing the same.

He breathed out, a small smile taking over his face as he cupped my cheek gently.

"I thought I was never going to see you again." He said, his voice barely above a whisper. I closed my eyes, ignoring the tears that escaped as I leant into his touch. "I didn't even know what to think when you..." He trailed off, his voice pained.

I opened my eyes, taking in his stormy blue grey eyes.

"I love you." I finally said, ignoring the slight tremors of pain as I leant into his body, hugging him like my life depended on it. "If I ever doubted you, I'm sorry I was just..." I couldn't string a proper sentence.

"I love you, so much." He said, a muffled relieved laugh reverberating through the room. "God, I can't...just..." I let a laugh out, hugging him tighter.

"You're such a goofball." I said, smiling happily as he let go, holding me at arms length as he looked over my features.

"You're the goofball." He laughed, pinching my nose. I laughed, holding his hand tight in mine as I leant my head on his chest.

He moved closer to me on the bed, letting one arm go around me soothingly, and one still connected with my hand.

"What was happening to me?" I asked after a much appreciated moment of staring at each other in silence.

His smile faltered the tiniest bit, until he sighed.

"Just...promise me you won't freak out." He said, wincing as he looked at the closed door.

"I promise..." I trailed off, looking at him weirdly.

"You...may or may not be...a...er, wolf?" He said, his voice raising an octave higher in a nervous manner.

It took a few moments for the information to settle in, before a grin erupted on my face, a new found happiness inside of me.

"Really?" I asked, a hopeful expression on my face. He furrowed his eyebrows, before a small fond smile took over, and he nodded.

"Really." He confirmed. I grinned, refraining myself from jumping up in glee, just in case my bones broke or something.

"So, does that mean I'll have super duper advanced abilities?" I asked. Colton raised an eyebrow, a smile still on his face.

"Yeah." He said, nodding. "But you'll still be the clumsy Indie I know." He laughed. I poked my tongue out at him childishly, before letting my head fall back against the head rest again.

"Is that why my bones are hurting?" I asked. He nodded, letting his own head fall back.

"They're more flexible now, for when you shift." He explained. "There's also your wolf." He said, looking at my head as if he were looking for something.

"Interesting..." I trailed off, breathing out as I let my head rest on his shoulder. He sighed, wrapping an arm securely around me.

"I'm just glad you're ok." He whispered, planting a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled, closing my eyes as I listened to his even breaths.

It's funny, how you miss the most simplest thing about a person; like their breathing, or the way they cough.

I guess near death does that to you.

_________________

Oh wow, congratulations Sabrina, you actually updated.

Look guys, I'm really truly sorry. It's not that I didn't want to write, I really did. But school prevented me from doing so. I finish in about three or four weeks, then we have the rest of the year off, so I will be dedicated in finishing this book, and I Hate That I Love You, and also putting up a story I have in mind.

But for now, updates will unfortunately be around once a week; one every two weeks if it gets really bad. But I'll try to write everyday so I have something to give you guys.

Oh, and INDIE'S ALIVE AND A WOLF!! What did you think of their little reunion there? GIMME YOUR OPINIONS AND VOTE IF YA LIKE IT BUB! :D

I lub you! Stay awesome! -Sabrinaa