Chapter 34

I posted a new book called Hopeless Morons! It's a funny one, check it out and see if you like it :)

Also, I am considering deleting I Hate That I Love You because I feel like I'm going no where with it, so...yeah :) Enjoy lovelies

______________________

Colton's POV

She was growling at anything that moved.

"Indie?" I asked cautiously, taking a slow step towards her. She growled lowly, snapping her head to me. 

I still couldn't believe it. She was a pure black wolf. I mean, they're not rare, but the Elders say no wolf has ever seen one in person recently. 

'And she's ours.' My wolf said, his voice proud.

I tried ignoring the proud sensation as I inched closer to Indie.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Colton, don't." Dave said warningly. I ignored him, too focused on getting Indie's attention.

She growled louder as I got closer to her.

"Hey, it's me. It's Colton." I said slowly, stopping when she bared her teeth.

"Colton, she's not herself. Be careful."

I waited, watching her slowly ease her growl into a low grumble. She took slow steps towards me, her growling now non-existent and she pushed my hand with her head. 

Indie's POV

'Stop growling at him!' I had to mentally yell at my wolf. Her mind was set on hunting and killing anything that moved.

Somehow, I had been given a not so bright wolf.

'Mate.' She growled lowly, turning her head restlessly in his hand. 

'Exactly. Mate. Not food.' I said, rolling my eyes as my wolf licked Colton's hand. 'And be a lady.' I added, internally grimacing at the sight of Colton's slobbered hand.

"Thank God. I thought you were going to bite me." Colton joked, ruffling my wolf-head.

It was still hard to believe that I was a wolf. My bones were aching only a little now, and my senses had definitely heightened.

'I don't like you that much.' I said, remembering that we had some sort of mind link.

'Already getting the hang of it, I see?' He asked back through the link, his mouth turning into a smirk. 'Just imagine the conversations we can have now...' He trailed off, wiggling his eyebrows.

Dad, Derek and Saxon all looked confused, seeing as Colton was making creepy sexual faces with no words.

'Ok. I'm ready to turn back now.' I said, shivering. Colton nodded, shrugging off his plaid shirt. 

"Come behind the tree and shift." He ordered, standing up from his kneeling position and leading the way to a large tree. I followed after him, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked down at my paws.

They're so weird...

"Clear your mind and think of your human self." Colton said, gently laying his shirt on my wolf's back. I gave a nod, closing my eyes.

Human self. Human self...

'Did it work?' I asked, opening my eye an inch. I think the fact that Colton was still staring down at me gave me my answer.