Chapter 10: The Three Years

Chapter 10

The Three Years

~Neulara, Origin~ 

*Percy Jackson*

The cool sea breeze emanating from the open balcony door felt so good, I inhale the scent of the fresh air whilst stretching on my bed. That's the best sleep I've ever had in a long time. I look to the balcony and saw it's bright and sunny.

I saw Nevalth is already on the grass, laying around in her normal form.

"Good morning, Eva!" I called out.

Her head whirled around and saw me. Eva's fire grew brighter and I could've sworn I saw a smile. "It's afternoon already, my prince." She chuckled in my head.

I froze, "Shit."

~

I teleported to the main lounge after getting ready and saw a guy lazing around the couch. "Hey." I greeted. He jumped and whirled his head towards me, his dagger ready. "Whoa! Whoa!"

He raised an eyebrow before bowing to me, "Your Highness."

I snorted, "Please, just call me Percy. It's bad enough that Nevalth calls me that and then Fyna too!"

He laughed, "I'm Sylas. The third in command."

"I'm Percy, which I've said less than a minute ago."

"I know. You're the talk of the town, you know." Sylas grinned.

I groaned, "Really?"

"Do you need a tour of the house? It's so cool! I had the whole place to myself besides Catlea, my personal maid apparently and it gets pretty lonely. Glad to have you on board, commander."

"Dude, I just told you it's Percy." I pointed out flatly, which caused him to laugh. A deep rich laugh. "I've already had one last night, Fyna helped me. She's stubborn. The name titles drive me nuts!"

"Well, you better get used to it. Catlea calls me 'My lord'. It's awkward."

I smiled, I like this guy already. "What are you up to?" I asked him.

He shrugged, running his hands through his hair. Sylas has a black hair with red stripes at random. His eyes are bright gold like a tiger. He was muscular and lean, the same structure like mine but a bit more. His smile wasn't what I expected for a third in command. I thought he'd be more strict since he was basically the commander. Sylas is about the same age as I am.

"It's sort of a day-off for me. I've got nothing to do. Apparently, you're picking the Section Leaders so that'll be awesome. I might train myself later on."

"Me?" I asked.

"You're the commander, you get to choose and besides you're the prince."

"Then who has been the section leader while you don't have one?" I asked while I watched Sylas sat back down on the sunken couch.

"No one. We're pretty organized. We all go onto our own mission unless there's wars and such. I'm sure Chaos would tell you."

He studied me for a moment, "What's your weapon?"

"A sword." I told him.

He grinned, "When you get back, and if you're free to do you want to train before you go officially?"

"You bet!"

The portal I had made was fully open and so I waved him goodbye before jumping in.

~