Chapter 22: The Appearance and the Departure

Chapter 22

The Appearance and the Departure

||Nico di Angelo||

I walked behind Percy, just a few steps behind, watching how his whole powerful body coil with tension and I could see how he's trying to reel in that uncontrollable power of his, almost wanting to jump out of his skin and wreak havoc.

His power is a dangerous thing, it's just like him...like the most dangerous ocean in the entire galaxy. Unpredictable and uncontrollable.

The Gods and demigods are a lucky bunch that he is on their side because if not, they'd have been wiped out in a minute.

What is Fyna doing? She should've known not to associate with any demigods even if she doesn't know much except for what happened to Percy. We haven't told her anything, even if we wanted to--more so for Percy-- we couldn't. Percy had made sure that we don't talk about him and his life down on this Earth. It was the one and only personal selfish request he asked from us.

We knew then he didn't ask us to do that for no other reason than to protect himself. He still hasn't recovered even when we think he had and this was his chance to close the door but how can he? Not when the future he longs to be with is associating herself with the past that he wants to leave.

I gotta do something. At least get her to realize what she's doing to him.

|| Fyna Sveira||

My heart pounded and it was as if the world had stood still around me even though that was impossible.

"Best....friends?" I asked, my throat felt as if something was stuck in it and my mouth felt as if it had dried out.

The blonde haired nodded grimly, "and now he can't even stand to look at me."

My mind instantly replays the conversation I had with him many years ago. His words echoing in my head like a broken record, "I was betrayed by the person I trusted the most and had given everything of myself to."

Is he....was he talking about her?

I swallowed, hopefully trying to remove the dryness in my throat, "...how close were you?"

"The closest." Her voice cracked as she said those words; the smile she wore was pained. The painful smile I was very familiar with.

Every nerve in my body and every corner of my mind screamed for me to run to him and shake the answers out of him but I didn't have to when we heard a pair of hooves come towards us; I heard a man's voice called out Annabeth and asked her a question as I was still caught in the tangle of my thoughts.

It was only the woman's arm on my shoulder that shook me out of it. "Are you okay, Fyna?"

I forced a smile and nodded, "Yes I am. I apologize for my actions."

"Chiron, this is Fyna. Fyna, this is Chiron, the camp director, and our mentor."

"Nice to meet you," I said, assessing the centaur. He had such warm eyes and so old, worth of thousand years wisdom.

"It's a pleasure." He replied, "are you attending Story Night tonight?"

I turned to Annabeth who smiled at me, "I was just about to tell you; it's what we do every August since a lot of things in that month. Twice a week, we all gather around and share stories of the fallen campers. We don't know who's the person this week but you should go. Ask the Army too if they'd like."