Chapter 20: The Unnecessary (Not Really) Chapter

Chapter 20

The Unnecessary (Not Really) Chapter

||Nico di Angelo||

The end of the day had come quickly, finally, we finished wrapping up the training leaving the campers and nymphs dead tired. Campers dragged their feet to the Mess Hall for dinner before they're excused for the day while the nymphs just went straight ahead to their houses to rest.

The Army watched the campers dispersed from the meeting spot this morning when Chiron trotted over to us, clearly worried as he glanced at the demigods, "Do you not think that you have pushed them too much so early in the training?"

Percy who took over for Leo's spot today motioned for Damien, who has been sticking to Percy pretty much the entire day whenever he could, to go and get some dinner and some rest before answering Chiron. "No, that was incredibly easy for them. It's because they aren't used to it. Their regimen today was nothing, so far off from ours. As the training goes on, we would increase it and slowly inch them towards the first level of our regimen which is our warm-up."

"Will we have enough time for them to do so?" Chiron asked, his tail swishing as he thought of it.

"Truthfully, I have no idea but I will try to make sure they do," Percy reassured before bidding us goodbye and walking away, disappearing moments later.

I looked at Will who stood beside me, he was drenched in sweat and looked utterly drained and exhausted. "Go and take a rest, Will. You'll need it tomorrow."

"But--"

"I may not be a doctor but it's a pretty smart idea."

Will chuckled, "No, I'm fine. I will take a shower and then you will make up for what happened last night." He stated then turned around and walk to the direction of the cabins. We all stood in silence, Sylas and Harmony had already left right after Percy did.

The Army, the previous campers, stood, waiting for Chiron to say something as he gave off that vibe. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he said, "I know I have no right to ask you this but please give the others a chance." There was a desperation in his voice, I knew who he was talking about when he meant others. "They never meant what they did; I know it's hard to move on from such thing and I know it's hard to forgive such thing especially when it happened to a close friend but listen to their story and give them a chance."

I swallowed feeling as if something was stuck in my throat and looked to my comrades before Luke stepped up and said, "Chiron, we know what happened." The mentor's eyes widened in surprise. "Percy knows it too, he was the one that told us when he figured it out. He could've kept it a secret but he didn't."

"Why is that?" Chiron asked. I would be lying when I say it didn't make me uneasy seeing Chiron, the person who practically knew everything, is asking us, the previous students, now. Although, I have an inkling that he has some idea to answer his question.

Silena's every soft and flowy voice spoke, "Because Chiron, it's Percy. He might be cold and unforgiving to everyone even to us, he's distant but we know that inside he's still the kind-hearted and mischievous Percy we know."

"If only you could see him in Origin" Bianca cut in during the brief pause that Silena took.

"Origin?"

"It's where we live and it's Chaos' original and main planet," Beckendorf answered, hands wrapped around his wife's waist.

"Anyway," Silena continued, "Percy told us what really happened. We suspect that the reason why he did so is because he knew that we'd come back here at some point and he didn't want us to be angry and feeling hatred towards you when we come back that would prevent us from reuniting with our old friends. He simply didn't want that.