Chpt 2: Drinks and Memories

June 8, 2016
➰➰

I downed another shot of Bourbon. A satisfying burning sensation making it's way down my throat. I raised the empty glass in the air.

" To the self absorbed, egotistical warlock, who thought it was a grand idea to take my mortality. Which, I will have you know, resulted in me tearing out the throats of my people and turning into a beast". I finished with a large grin. The whole room filled with cheers and laughter.

May Silas rot in hell for all damn eternity. I remember that treacherous day, as it plays on a never ending loop in my head.

Flashback, 117 B.C
➰➰

I dug my finger into the ground underneath me. Why does everything hurt. I pulled my body into a sitting position as I let my eyes adjust. Where am I?

"Ah she's awake, how do you feel?" I see Qetsiyah standing at a table, mixing some unknown liquids together.

Where is my sister and Silas? I stood to my feet, containing my posture the best that I can. "What...what happened? Where am I? What did you do to my loved ones?" Qetsiyah stopped mixing her concoction and turned to look me in the eyes.

A smug smirk present on her lips. "You think I had something to do with this?" She scoffed before continuing, "Darling, this disaster was not my doing. What is the last thing you remember?".

The last thing I remember.  My head is pounding like crazy. I clutched the sides of my head, pulling at the roots of my hair. " I can't think straight, not with this blasted pounding clouding my thoughts. My whole body aches, why do I feel like I do? Ahh, please make this stop". I fell to my knees in pure agony.

"You're in transition, here drink this". She handed me the cup. Against my better judgment I tipped the glass back, consuming the unknown substance. For a mere second I felt at ease. But that peace soon disappeared when my body hurled forward, emptying the contents of my stomach.

I took a moment to catch my breath. " I guess you'll have to take it straight from the vein..." her voice trailed off. Before I could register what was happening, she stood next to me, grabbing my arm and hauling me up. " Come now, let's find you someo-thing to eat." I cautiously walked with her towards the village.

I recognize this place, it's right outside the central yard. The small temples lined the sides of the gravel alley. I could feel a warm substance on the bottoms of my feet. I looked down and noticed my leather sandals we're no longer on my feet. The sharp gravel cutting into the rough skin.

The Callisto Residents
➰➰

" Qetsiyah why did you bring me to my home?". I pushed open the main door to the temple. I winced with ever step forward. I need to patch up my feet. Qetsiyah followed behind me, an amused expression plastered on her face. What is she planning?

"Father are you here?". My voice echoed through the entire home. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. " Amara, honey, you're home. I was so worried when you did not return last night." His voice full of concern. He stopped talking when he noticed it was not Amara who came home. His bright loving smile fell from his face.