Chapter 24: Code Alpha

Previously on 

'The Original Hybrid'

"Klaus don't look so worried, what's happened in the past is said and done, no hard feelings really. I mean who could complain, you left an entire kingdom for me to run. And I did exactly that. These people, are now my people, they look up to me now. With no one to thank but you", I could feel the anger radiating off of Nik, even from far away. He was raging because what we left behind was long gone.

"Well seeing as we're back, you aren't in need of ruling any longer, my dear friend. But I do thank you for your time serving". The same cocky attitude was laced back into Nik's words. His priorities switching in an instant.

"Sorry old friend, I can't do that", Marcel paced around us.

"You left this all for the taking, you abandoned a city that was dying to be ruled. I stepped up and I did this, I turned this place into a heaven. You aren't going to come back after I've put so much work into it and mess it all up. My home. My family. My rules. This is my kingdom and you're a guest in my castle now. You need to show me some respect, I'm the king! ", Marcel now stood toe to toe with Niklaus. The scowl on their faces falling by the second.

Nik broke into a faced smile, "Of course. What kind of friend would I be to try and take all the glory from you. Come, let's catch up shall we?" Nik clasped a hand around Marcel's shoulder.

"Of course, right this way." Marcel said.

➰➰

Chapter 24: Code Alpha

I watched as the condensation dripped down my untouched glass. I could hear small talk being made but everything seemed to be muffled.

How foolish of me to think that we could finally have one moment that wasn't filled with drama or aimless games.

"Catia, darling, why haven't you touched your food?" I glanced down at my cold dinner.

"Not hungry is all Nik, please don't stop your conversation on my behalf." I gave him a curt nod and excused myself from the table.

I walked around the hallowed halls. Old oil paintings, tiny trinkets, flooding back memories of much simpler times. We were finally happy, when built a home for ourselves, a name.

"You look much more beautiful in person," I jumped, startled at the sudden voice. Marcel stood to my side, admiring the oil painting of Rebekah and I.

"I must've been reminiscing so much I zoned out. Sorry, I didn't mean to jump like a scaredy cat. You're right though, the painter really didn't know my good angles."

Marcel chuckled, "He tried his best, however, he did manage to catch that breathtaking smile of yours perfectly". His eyes met the floor and he gave his head a small shake.

"You were always my favorite, Catia. The bold, majestic, elegant, and daring Catia Desdemona. The woman no one ever dared set foot towards, unless they wanted to bare the Mikaelson's wrath", his eyes met mine once again.

"I always had a soft spot for you, Marcellus. You were once the fragile young boy Niklaus took under his wing, now you are a strong and grounded gentlemen. You've come a long way."