Chapter 25: Origin Story

Previously on
'The Original Hybrid'

I could feel Nik's eyes boring into me. My body calmed down and my breathing became normal.

Nik stood, with his arms crossed, leaning against the car. "Are you going to tell me what caused you to nearly jump out of my vehicle now?"

I could feel the bile rise up, at the mere thought of speaking these words. "Code Alpha Niklaus. It's a code Alpha."

Instantly I saw the color fade from his face. He stared at me in disbelief. He rushed to my side and shoved me back in the car.

"As of right now you are on complete lockdown. If it really is what you say it is, then Elijah will be waiting at the safe house on the outskirts of New Orleans. I'll take you there then I will handle my business with Marcel, Stefan I expect you to be with her at all times, don't let her leave your sight unless she is with me or Elijah. I'm sure you're very confused but an explanation will have to wait, time is of the essence."

Stefan looked at my worriedly. I held his cheek in my hand, slowly rubbing my thumb back and forth.

"The boys, they're in trouble. I need you to find me a witch to do a locator spell and send as many men possible to them. I'm not sure how much longer they have." Klaus nodded his head lightly.

I close my eyes, and hold on to the small piece of hope that everything will be okay.

Because right now, we're heading into a battle that we won't win.

Chapter 25: Origin Story
➰➰

The year 1306

I spun around the ballroom elegantly. My silk dress flowing effortlessly behind me.

My bare feet carried me back and forth, swaying to the beat of my own tune.

I lost track of the melody as the scraping of the wooden doors filled my ears.

"I'm terribly sorry, I have disrupted you m'lady. My greatest apologies", the servant boy hurriedly bowed.

I grinned at his polite manners," Calm child, there's no need to scurry. You're apologies, though unneeded, are accepted."

I could see him relax, a weight lifted from his skinny shoulders.

"Carry on with your task at hand young one, don't mind me." I gave him a curt nod and continued to dance away.

I got lost in the rhythm, something about dancing made me feel so...free.

Another body crashed against mine, causing me to stumble over my own feet.

I opened my eyes to find piercing blue ones starring back at me.

"For the love of God Lucas, you nearly caused me to fall." I giggled and pushed playfully on his chest.