Chapter 21: Baby Bump

Previously On
'The Original Hybrid'

"Can't sleep either?" I ask. Stiles nods his head.

"I knew if I came in here and cuddled up to you that I'd be able to fall asleep." Stiles sheepishly whispered.

Stiles was always a big cuddler. As was dean, though he didn't like to mention it in front of people. No matter how late or where we were Stiles would always manage to make his say into my bed. Especially during his first fee months into the change, he was scared and needed help to fight off his urges. So I would cuddle with him and tell him that he was going to get through it.

I felt his chest grave up in down. I'm glad he gets some sleep. I couldn't help but think about what Tessa said.

'At the end of the day, no matter how hard you try those things will end you.'

What if she's right? If I die so does my entire bloodline. My whole family would be gone, dead, because of me.

I can't let anything happen to them, but I can't let anything happen to my children either. What the hell am I suppose to do.

➰➰➰

Chapter 23:
Baby Bump

I growled as I left the comfort of my warm soft blankets to confront the loud knocking at the door.

I swung the wooden platform open only to slam it shut again.

"Catia dear, you can't stay away from me. We need to talk." Klaus' muffled voice reached my ears.

"I don't want to talk about anything Nik. So just go home." I locked the bolt, hoping it would show him I'm not ready for discussions, I was sadly mistaken.

In one swift motion the door flung off the hinges and across the room. I darted to the side, just barley missing it.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you! That could've hit me! Sure the damage wouldn't have been permanent, and I would've healed in two seconds but it's the thought that counts." I pointed at him roughly before rummaging through the broken wooden shards.

I shook my head and continued," Have you no decency Niklaus. You just come barging in here like some big man on campus and demand answers, that quite frankly, I don't have. So why don't you get this mess cleaned up and then you go on your marry little way".

I stopped on my heels and pat the top of his head with a sarcastic grin. Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Your acting like a child. You can't run away from your problems Catia. We need to discuss the children, OUR children."

I turned to walk away but Nik reached for my wrist, he held on desperately.

"Please Catia, I care about you. I just want what's best for you and our children. The lives we were never able to live." Niklaus stroked my cheek ever so slightly, causing me to shiver.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked, finally giving in.

Nik's face lit up, his smile reaching his eyes. "I want you to come live with we me again, that way I can keep a better eye on you and the babies".

I want these children to be safe, that's the most important thing right now. But with Tessa dead and Silas in the wind, there's really no harm to be done.

"But Nik, all of the threats were taken care of. There should be nothing to worry about".

His face dropped and his body shifted. I could tell something was wrong.

"I want you to stay calm. This isn't anything I can't handle." He chewed on the inside of his lip.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer. Our faces merely centimeters apart.

"Don't do that Klaus, don't patronize me like I'm some wounded puppy. Tell me what's going on."

He sighed deeply, " It's about the children Catia, everyone is after our children. "

Authors Note: Hello beautiful people, yes I know it's been so very long since I've posted but I've been very busy. This is just a short little filler chapter, I will be posting a longer chapter tomorrow so keep an eye out for that. Until next time lovelies.

~Catia ➰