Prologue: The 'What ifs' will kill you

For as long as I can remember I have always chased a career in medicine, with the ultimate goal of becoming a fully fledged Doctor, but I had to make some tough choices along the way.

I've always been quite brainy without having to work very hard, but I've also always been ridiculously sporty. To be honest, I was one of those really annoying people who was good at everything they tried their hand at.

When I was in class I tried my hardest, but couldn't wait to get out of the room and into the World of sports.... It gave me a thrill and let me release the stress of a 6 hour school day.

I would literally try any sport thrown at me, but ultimately, I was a swimmer, and a good one at that. I started to swim competitively at a young age and quickly progressed through the Junior swimming groups, but that's when the hard decisions came.

I was told that I could be good enough to make the British Olympic swimming team, but I was also told that I would make a damn good Doctor. The annoying this was that I couldn't be both... I had to decide whether to go with my head, or whether to go with my heart. In most cases, I tended to let my heart rule my head, although I'd never has to make a decision this serious... One which would dictate how I would live my life.

I had to go with my head. I had no option but to build myself a secure lifestyle, and so the decision was made.

I was 16 when I quit competitive swimming and the thought of making it as an Olympic swimmer nearly swallowed me whole. I kept saying to myself;

'What if I'd sbecome an Olypmic swimmer?'
'What if I'd been a successful swimmer?'
'What if I'd have won medals?'

But I knew that I couldn't continue to have that kind of mindset. There is no use worrying about the last or the future, because worrying will not change what has happened, nor will it change what is going to happen. The only thing that worrying will do is eat you up... It will eat you up until there is nothing left but doubt.

There isn't time in this world for 'what if's?'
The 'what if's?' will kill you.

Now, let's fast track to the present.

BEAR WITH ME GUYS. I'M NEW AT THIS. I PROMISE THAT THERE WILL BE EXCITEMENT , BUT I'VE JUST GOT TO BUILD THE CHARACTERS UP.
IF YOU STARTED READING THIS EXPECTING TO BE READING ABOUT BONDI, DO NOT BE DISHEARTENED - BONDI BEACH WILL BE WRITTEN ABOUT VERY SHORTLY.

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x