The morning after the night before

The next morning I woke up with the worst headache I have ever had in my life. I couldn't decide whether it was because of the alcohol, the decent gash in my forehead, or both, so I went to the mirror in the bathroom to assess the damage.

I peeled back the dressing that was covering the cut and had a good look. I'm not going to lie, I did a pretty good job. The gash was about 4-5 cm, but it wasn't too deep and wouldn't need stickers - just like Chappo has told me the night before.

Speaking of Chappo, where is he? I Thought. I started to wander through to the kitchen, but whilst passing my bedroom door I heard snoring. I nudged the door open, thinking I'd see Chappo... I guess I could say that I was half right, because strictly speaking, he was there, but so was Whippet, and they were spooning. I quickly went and grabbed my phone - there was no way I was missing getting a snap of this. It could prove to be good bargaining power in the future!

After taking a few quick snaps, I restarted my walk to the kitchen. I was absolutely starving, but I hadn't been to the supermarket yet... Because I'm an idiot who decided that buying a surf board was more important than going food shopping. Sometimes I wonder how I even managed to get into med school.

Right then, time to get the boys up - looks like we're taking a trip to Maccy's.

I went into my room, pulled off the bed sheet and opened up the blinds "Time to get up Romeo and Juliet, Maccy's is calling us!" When they didn't so much a open an eye, I decided to up my game. I find that if the polite way doesn't work, a nice bucket of cold water will do the trick. So, I went and got myself a nice bucket of cold water, threw it right over them both, and it's fair to say that I have never seen two grown men move that quickly before.

"Woah, where's the freaking fire!?" Whip shouted.
"Haven't got a clue but you two better get your arses dressed because we're off to Maccy's - I need food, and then I need to surf, so get yourselves sorted."
"Geez, alright Grandma," Chap mumble before pulling himself out of bed and making his way to the bathroom; I could tell that he most definitely was not a morning person.

About 10 minutes later they were dressed and ready, and we we're on our way for some good old food. McDonald's is great for a hangover cure, and the Ocean is even better, so I remembered to grab my surfboard before locking the front door.

We stuffed our faces as quickly as possible and then headed down to Bondi. Whip and Chap weren't on duty today so they went to grab a couple of boards from the store under the tower and then came to join me in South Corner.

There were some decent waves pumping this morning, so I couldn't wait to get out there, but I'm new to this beach, so I wanted to be extra careful, so I waited for the two boys and then followed there lead. We used the rip to fast track our way to the back, and then I caught my first wave at Bondi Beach. It was amazing. As the locals would say, 'There's nothing more relaxing than catching a wave in Dr. Pacific.'

I started to build up my confidence, and saw that the other two had moved closer to the rocks, for the simple reason that that is where the best waves were. I went to join them. After all, I couldn't let those two have all the fun!

I caught a couple of waves, and I was just about to catch another when I realised that a huge wave was approaching, and I decided that that was the one for me. I took off paddling, started to ride the wave, and then stood up ready to surf...

I can't really remember what happened next... It was all a but of a blur. I heard Chappo and Whip shouting, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I figured that they must have been shouting 'rock!' Because then I smashed into the rocks.

I tried to come up for air, but there was a tonne of white water on top of me, holding me down. I felt like I was being thrown around in a washing machine. I could feel myself running out of air, and my lungs started to burn. Dark circles stated to form around the edges of my eyes, and I felt myself starting to drift off. At the last minute, the water became shallower, and I felt myself laying on the rough surface of the rocks.

I saw the two off duty lifeguards coming towards me, so I stood up, but before I knew it I got taken out by another wave.
Wow, this really is not my day. The wave picked me up and slammed me into the Rock once again. Alright, the Rock was now staring to piss me off. My whole body ached. I think I've done more damage to my body in the past couple of days than I have done during my whole life!

Finally I felt two pairs of hands dragging me onto one of the two boards, I felt them paddling me back in the direction of the shore. The pain wasn't two bad, but I was so tired that I just laid my head down on the board, and tried to relax. There was no use tensing up, that would just make the pain more noticeable. I tried to make a list of possible injuries in my head, but got interrupted every 5 seconds by either Chap or Whip shaking me and asking me if I was alright. Eventually I gave up and decided that I would just wait for one of the on duty lifeguards to give me an injury list, and mo doing a lecture.

When we got back to the shore, I saw the blue rhino parked up on the sand, and Tom and Deano hopped out.

They came over and helped to carry the board, taking me up the beach so that I was well away from the water. I let out a bit of a whimper as they put the board down on the sand. I opened my eyes and saw Deano placing am oxygen mask over my nose and mouth. Oxygen is a wonderful thing - it makes you feel a load better almost instantly, but when I started to feel more awake, I felt a lot of stinging. Great, I mist be cut up from head to toe.

Tom and Deano helped me stand and walked me over to the rhino. They sat me in the back with Chappo who didn't hesitate to put and arm around me and grab hold of my hand. Then we started to head up towards the tower.

This was the second time in less than 24 hours that I was going to end up on the medical bed in the lifeguard tower.
Why do I always have to insist on being such a dimwit?

HEY,
HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!
I'VE BEEN UPDATING DAILY SINCE I STARTED TO WRITE THIS FANFIC, BUT I HAVE MOCK EXAMS COMING UP IN THE NEXT WEEK, SO THE UPDATES MIGHT NOT COME AS OFTEN - APOLOGIES!
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS...

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x