A not so wild night out

Looking at the list of surf shops they boys had given me, I decided it was best just to work my way down it. That's the most logical way I guess, so I headed to Bondi Surf Co.

From the minute u walked through the door, I fell in love with the place, and as soon as I looked over at the board section I saw my ideal board - 'Fish - rainbow swirl'. It was absolutely beautiful (almost as beautiful as the boys in blue) and I just has to buy it. So, I splashed out $375 dollars and then went in search of a wetsuit. Surprisingly, finding a wetsuit took me a little longer, because I can be a fussy bugger. Eventually I found one that I was relatively happy with, and went ahead and bought it before I had the chance to change my mind.

That was the two most important things sorted, so I headed home. It feels so weird calling a gorgeous place like Bondi home... I'm so used to dreary old England.

Now all that remained was for me to find something to wear tonight. I wanted something flattering, and casual, but I wanted people to think that I had made an effort. I mean, I couldn't just rock up in jeans and a t-shirt - that is just a definite no.

I started to rook through my cases which I still haven't unpacked, because I'm a lazy so and so who has better things to be doing than unpacking suitcases! I knew what I was looking for, but whenever you're looking for something, you can never find it. Either that, or it's always in the very last place that you look!

After a good 30 minutes of looking, I finally found it. I had this lovely little lace number than I wore for my graduation. It was a burgundy red colour, with a tight fitted bodice, a sweetheart neckline and a flare-out skater style skirt. I absolutely loved it. I went for my graduation shoes as well, which were silver, glittery heels, about 2 and a half inches tall. What I loved about them though was the fact that they were glittery, but not tacky.

Now that the outfit was sorted out, I took myself off for a shower and washed my hair. I blow-dried it before putting it into a dainty little half-up-half-down do. It always looked nice because my hair is naturally quite curly so people always think I've put a lot of effort into it. Then I pulled on the dress and shoes and finished the look off with my initial necklace. Within about 40 minutes I was ready, which is pretty impressive for me. That's what is great about dresses - people think that you've actually made an effort to look nice, even though they take literally 10 seconds to put on!

As long as I make a good impression tonight, that is all that I care about.

Chapter One was about a 10 minute walk from where I now lived, which isn't really a lo way when you're wearing flats, but when you're wearing heels, even small ones, 10 minutes seems like a really really really long time. I finally made it there, and I was late. Great. I always have to go and mess things up.

All of the boys were already there - all of them from this morning, plus a few unfamiliar faces. I scanned the room for Chappo, but he was absolutely no where to be seen. Man I hope that he shows up...

Before I even got a foot through the door, Harries headed in my direction and half dragged half carried me over to where all of the lads were. He re-introduced me to those that were in the tower earlier; Whippet, Gonzo, Tom, Deano, Yatesy, Hoppo and Quinn the paramedic. I had a quick hug from each of them and then Harries moved on to introducing me to the 'new' lifeguards - Kerrbox, Quiggers, Jesse, Jake, Bisho, Azza, Kobi, Harrison, Beardy, Reidy and Maxi, who looked like he was only just old enough to be supping the beer he had in his hand!

Apparently there were only a few of them missing.... Wow, word gets round quickly between this lot! Immediately, I had a couple of them asking if they could buy me a drink, which I didn't mind at all, I was quite flattered actually. I felt at home and really welcome around them. Each of them was making the effort to talk to me, and not just because they felt like they had to, because they actually wanted to talk to me!

So, what's brought you to Bondi?
What's it like being a Doctor?
How's the weather back in England?
Are you here alone?
Where are you living?
Fancy coming for a surf sometime?

The questions were literally endless, and after an hour I felt like it was my turn to ask a question. 'So, Whip, where's Chappo at?' I asked, 'I dunno, he said he was coming, so I'm not sure!'

Just then, as I felt my heart start to sink, I turned around and there he was, standing in the doorway, just like I had done just over an hour ago. I went up to him, and our eyes locked. It was one of the most magical moments I have had in a long time. He looked me up and down before leaning in, hugging me and whispering 'You look pretty damn fine girl.' I felt myself blush a little before saying 'So them Chap, are you going to buy me a drink?' He laughed and then began making his way to the bar.

After he'd been to the bar and had a bit of banter with the boys, he came over and we sat down in a lovely, private corner of the bar and cracked open one of my favourite bottles of wine. Then we just started talking, and it's fair to say that we got on like a house on fire. A couple of hours had gone by before we looked at the clock, and we (mainly me) has gone through 3 bottles of wine. I'm not going to lie, I was feeling a little bit worse for wear.

I said that it was time for me to go, but when I stood up to say my goodbyes I couldn't quite keep my balance. I wondered why I decided that it would be a good idea to wear heels. But before I knew it, Chappo was there, holding me up. He guided me over to the others where Whippet offered to help Chappo walk me home, provided that I could remember where home was....

Anyway, we set off in the general direction of my house. I was still holding on to our last bottle of wine which was still about 1/4 full - I wasn't planning on wasting it!

I could feel myself wobbling all over the place. I knew that I was embarrassing myself, but I couldn't help it. I was just thinking about that look that Chappo gave me as he stood in the doorway earlier, and it made me feel all warm inside.

But that thought disappeared as soon as it had arrived because I tripped over something that was in the pathway and I literally fell head over heels. I hit the ground and I heard the glass in my hand shatter. I felt a trickle of warm liquid running down the side of my face, and I could feel the same liquid in my hand.

Either I was sweating a lot or I had cut myself. The latter option seemed to be the most likely.

Before I knew it the two boys were there, reassuring me and making sure that I was alright. Chap pulled a hanky out of his pocket and pressed it quite firmly against my forehead. It made me flinch at first.

"Now Charlotte, you know as well as I do that pressure helps to control the bleeding, so stop being a girl," he said.
"Yeah but I am a girl you plonker," I giggled,
"Wow, that is the most British insult I have ever heard," Whip commented,
"Well I am British Whip,"
"Geez, no shit Sherlock," he laughed.

They picked me up and carried me the rest of the way. When we got there, I fumbled around in my clutch for my keys. Eventually I found them and when we got inside they laid me down on the sofa.

All I wanted to do was sleep. I was just nodding off when Chap came appeared with the first aid kit. Here were go, I thought.

"Right Charl, this might sting a little bit,"
"Do you not think I know that?"
"Well, considering the fact that you fell over your own feet and had to be carried home, I don't think you know an awful lot right now..."

I knew I'd lose this argument, so I just shut up and let him get on with it.

He was quite gentle really, and told me that he didn't think I'd need stitches. I reassured him by telling him that I'd give myself a medical opinion in the morning when my mental capacity was back to its normal self.

Then I felt myself staring to nod off, and the last thing I remember was him laying a blanket over me, kissing me on the forehead, and whispering goodnight.

I fell more in love with him every time I saw him.

HEY GUYS,
I HOPE YOU'RE LIKING THE STORY... IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ANOUT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAPPEN IN THE STORY, THEN FEEL FREE TO COMMENT.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND SHARE!

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x