Wrong place, wrong time

I've always loved the feeling of being woken up by the sun, but what I love even more is being woken up by the sun whilst having a gorgeous looking guy laid right next to you. Furthermore, what makes that feeling even more special is when you roll over to look at him and realise that he's already awake and is looking at you. I felt a tad self-conscious because I don't look particularly great whilst I'm asleep, but if he wants to be with me, then he's going to have to deal with my unattractive sleeping methods.

"You look gorgeous when you're asleep," he whispered,
"Oh don't try and flatter me, I know you're lying!" I argued,
"It's not flattery if it's true..."
"Well then, that's good enough for me!" I said whilst flinging the covers off and jumping out of bed.
"Hey Charl?"
"Yeah Chris?"
"Aren't you supposed to be using crutches to get around?"
"Long story short, yes, but they annoy me so I'm not using them. Plus, I'm going down to the beach a bit later on,"
"You can't go surfing with all those cuts and grazes,"
"No shit Sherlock!"
"I'm being serious Charl. I'm working today, so I'll be keeping an eye out for any trouble makers, and that includes super hot girls who decide to go surfing when they're cut up from head to toe and are supposed to be using crutches!"
"Woah, ok Mr authoritive!" I said whilst saluting and leaving the room "Also, if you're on the first shift then you might want to get a move on because it's 6:45 already..."
After a couple of seconds I heard him mutter "ah, shit" before racing into the bathroom - he can be such a moron sometimes!

Ten minutes later he pretty much sprinted from the bedroom dressed in the same blue lifeguard shirt that he had worn yesterday, kissed me on the cheek and ran out of the door munching the piece of toast I made for him. It's a good thing that I don't live that far away from Bondi or else Chap definitely would have found himself in Hoppo's office!

When he'd gone, and the chaos had subsided, I finished off my granola. I then decided that it would be a good idea to do some of the chores around the house, so I unpacked all of my clothes, put all the crockery, cutlery and utensils away in the kitchen, and then sorted out all of my toiletries and put them away.

Before I knew it, it was midday and I was ready for a stroll down to the golden strip of sand that I had grown very fond of over the past couple of days. So,mo grabbed a book, a towel and some sunnies and headed down to the beach.

When I arrived it was pretty busy considering that it was winter here in Australia, but then again, the business was understandable because it was a fine day, and the swell was just about perfect.

I realised that Chappo was taking a turn in the tower, so I found myself a nice, quiet area of sand, laid my towel down and opened up my book. I'd chosen a section of sand which was directly behind the infamous backpackers rip, but decided that it didn't matter because I wasn't going to be able to go into the water anyway.

One of the rhinos was parked right under the dangerous currents sign, and I could hear the lifeguards on duty giving out some advice to swimmers who thought it was a good idea to jump straight into the rip. I looked a little more closely and saw that the lifeguards were Nicola and Matt Dee.

I admired Nicola a lot. She was an amazing water woman, and a master on a surf board. No wonder she used to be a professional surfer, because her water skills are second to none. Not only that, but I've seen here down here on her days off giving surfing classes to younger girls, and generally letting them have a good time. I love that she just gives up her time, because in my opinion, time is the most valuable thing that a person can have. The same goes for Matt, who spends a lot of his time doing world for the FTW campaign. Those two do a lot of amazing, self-less things, and it makes them have beautiful personalities.

Anyway, I settled down into my book and had just started chapter 6 when I heard a few simultaneous screams coming from the ocean. I looked up and saw that backpackers had really started to pull. There were at least 7 people caught in it, and it was an honour to be able to watch Nicola and Matt do what they do best - save lives.