Caution: Dad dancing

That evening, Whip and Gina were hosting the annual lifeguard party which marked the beginning of the 'Silly Season' down at Bondi, Bronte and Tama. Literally everyone was invited. All of the lads were there with their other halves, and the couples who had kids brought their kids with them.

Megan was also there, and Nicola and I were doing the responsible thing of handing her a few Kopparberg's here and there - we had decided earlier in the day that Kopparberg's were the most suitable thing to give to her, because sending her home drunk to her parents probably wasn't the best idea.

One of the highlights of the night was when Kerrbox's mum showed up with freshly baked cupcakes and muffins. It just proved that no matter whether you were the world number six surfer, or a six year old child, you are always going to need your mum. However, the cuteness of a middle aged man being brought goodies by his mum was soon overlooked when Harries found out what was occurring; let's just say that poor Box will not be forgetting this evening in a hurry!

I'm also glad to say that Chappo and I have come to a truce, and he has now swallowed his pride and admitted that I beat him fair and square in both legs of the lifeguard try outs earlier today. However, in order for the truce to be reached properly, I had to promise that I would only mock him about at a maximum of once a day. To be honest, that seemed like a small price to pay to get him to admit defeat.

As evening turned into night, the craziness became more of a prominent feature, and I, along with everyone else present was treated to some of Maxi and Gonzo's 'dad dancing'. Considering the fact that hours earlier, Gozno was choking on a hot chocolate, I was impressed with the fact that he had somehow found the energy to throw these dance moves around.

Despite the best of intentions, after a couple of minutes, the dad dancing was becoming quite painful to watch. I mean, I would understand if the boys were drunk, or even a little bit tipsy, but the truth was that they had only had a couple of beers each. Also, they were young men, meaning that they should definitely not be dancing in that way. It'd be a different story if Hoppo, or Deano, or even Harries were dancing like that, because they're all dads.

"Hey Gonz!" Reidy shouted, "No wonder you can never pull a chick - you're dance moves probably scare them away!"

It was a shame - not even mockery could stop the Gonz from whipping his not so bad ass dance moves out, because Reidy's comment was met with an ever so polite middle finger. How lovely.

The time was just about reaching 7 o'clock, so annoyingly I had to leave because it was my turn to take the night shift at the emergency department. My clocking on time was about 8 o'clock, so I figured that I'd have time to go and say bye to Chap before I snook off to the hospital. Besides, I'd been meaning to ask him something.

Before long, I had found Chappo. He was busy hiding out with most of the other lads who were all gathered around the barbecue arguing over who would be cooking the meat - apparently that's a rather manly job which for some reason shows off someone's masculinity. What a load of bullshit that is!

Despite this, the lads were taking it very seriously. Whippet and Jesse were sat down ready to have an arm wrestle, Bisho and Reidy were having a staring contest, Jesse and Jake were playing slaps, Yatesy and Box were playing beer pong, and Harries had rocked up in his apron.

"Look boys... And Pom," Harries bellowed whilst pointing down at his pinny which had a photo of James Bond printed on it , " I'm 007, and I have a licence to grill!"

Everyone erupted in laughter as Harries proceeded to prance around the garden sporting a pair of brand spanking new tongs.

When everyone had gotten back to what they were doing, which was arguing over who was going to cook the food, I pulled Chap over to one side.

"Woah, what's wrong Charl?" He asked with genuine concern,
"Oh nothing, it's just that I have to go to work - I'm on the night shift tonight and I start at 8, so I'm just letting you know incase you wondered where I'd disappeared to,"
"Ah sweet, guess I'll crash at my own house tonight then,"
"No," I said louder and more abruptly than I had intended, "I mean, you can still stay at my place. I'll be home at like 3, and you have a key and most of your stuff is there anyway, so you might as well stay at mine... If you want to that is,"
"Yeah sure, that'd be great - I was hoping you'd suggest something like that,"
"Well, that's the thing, I was kind of wondering if you wanted to move in...to my house that is... You can bring your dogs, and all your stuff and your bad habits... I don't mind, just bring whatever you need, that is, if you want to move in, I mean you don't have to.... It was just a suggestion... Geez, now I sound really pushy an-,"
"Charl will you stop freaking out?" Chap said gently as he cut me off before adding, "of course I would like to move in with you, in fact it would be my pleasure, so stop being daft and get your backside to work or you're totally going to be late!"
"Alright, alright, I'm going already, blimey, you'd think you wanted to get rid of me or something!"
"Get moving! I'll see you at 3... Oh, and if you're wearing scrubs again, you can totally send me another photo, because I'm not gonna beat around the bush here - you look super hot in them!"
"Oh shut up!" I shouted as I slowly made my way around the front of the house and jumped in the car.

How I wished I could have stayed at the party a little longer - I was intrigued to see who would end up cooking the food. If it was down to me, I would have gone with Tom, because he's the best cook out of all the lads by a long way. He even beats Chappo, and Chappo is a decent chef!

As I made my way to the hospital, all I could think about was getting down the beach tomorrow afternoon and being on duty. I just wanted to pull on my blue life guarding top again, because without it I felt lost.

I loved and cherished every minute that I spent down at Bondi, and whenever I left, all I could think about was being able to get back down there again. I wanted to spend every minute of every day down there... But I also wanted to practice medicine. However, whenever I'm at the hospital, all I can think about is being down at the beach, and that feeling is slowly starting to eat away at my insides, and I'm not okay with that.

HEY GUYS,

I'M SORRY THAT THIS ISN'T A PARTICULARLY EXCITING CHAPTER, BUT THERE IS MORE ACTION ON THE WAY - I PROMISE!
PLEASE CONTINUE TO COMMENT YOURS IDEAS AND FEEDBACK, BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN HEARING YOUR OPINIONS...
AS ALWAYS, DONT FORGET TO VOTE,

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x