Start talking

Everyone just looked at me, with blank expressions covering their faces. I then switched my attention from them to Chappo, who was still moping around in the corner.

"Christopher Chapman, if you're looking for an explanation, then you most definitely are not going to find one over there, now get your backside over here and start talking."

He opened his mouth, as if he was about to say something, but I cut him off, "Now." I demanded.
"You're a pain in the arse, do you know that!?" He muttered as he started to shuffle towards me from the far side of the kitchen.
"And what do you mean by that?" I enquired, sounding a tiny bit like an interrogator.
"Well," he started, "First you got up to early this morning and stumbled on my trying to sneak flowers in, then you go and crack some ribs, and then, when I try to throw you a surprise party, to celebrate some exciting news, you have an asthma attack meaning that all the boys come barging out from the living room and take the surprise out of the party!"
I looked around at all the boys and Nicola, whose facial expressions had now changed to ones of guilt.
"What do you mean 'exciting news?' I asked as curiosity began to flow through my veins.
"That part is going to have to remain as secret for the time being, I'm afraid," Said Harries, as he cut Chappo off, "At least until Hoppo arrives," he added.
"Anthony Carroll, if you don't tell me what this so called 'exciting news' is then I am going to dislocate your other shoulder, understood?"
"Nah, I don't think you will Charl,"
"Oh really?" I said, raising an eyebrow,
"Well, I wouldn't bet on it, because considering the fact that you've got couple of cracked ribs and have just had an asthma attack, and I'm one of the top soft sand runners in the World, I don't think you'd be in with much of a chance..."
"It's a jolly good job that my kitchen floor isn't made of sand then, isn't it?"
"You're so British that its unreal!" Harries, laughed, trying his best to imitate an English accent.
"Now now ladies, break it up!" Hoppoordered as he strutted through the lifeguards, causing them to part in a way which was similar to the way in which the sea parted for Moses.

Harries assisted Chappo in lifting me from the floor and half carrying, half walking me over to a chair that was next to the Dining table. When they began to set me down, I leant into Harries and gently whispered, "Just di you know, I would have kicked your sorry arse!" so that only he could hear it. Apart from giving me a cheeky little wink, there was no reaction from him whatsoever... he didn't even show off his pearly whites like he normally does when he smiles! How disappointing...

"Right then, now that Hop has arrived, will someone please tell me what all of this is about!?" I demanded,
"I'm just about to Charl," Hoppo assured me.

Eventually, everyone quieten end down, and all eyes were on the Boss.

"So Charl, he began, "as you know very well, lifeguard tryouts have moved forwards and are now only a matter of weeks away. However, your very recent injury may prevent you from taking part. It is therefore my pleasure to announce to the team that as from now you are officially a member of the Waverley Council Lifeguards,"
"But... But..." I was speechless, which is put something that happens very often, let me tell you,
"There's no 'buts' about it. It's simple, you don't have to take part in the trials unless your body is completely and utterly healed. You nearly made it as an Olympic swimmer, so I'm well aware that your swimming ability is second to none, and trust me, I'm totally confident that you also have a high level of water ability... You've proved that in the few rescues that you've done so far, and finally, it is blatantly obvious that your first aid skills are better than all of ours put together, because, as you keep on telling us all.... You have a medical degree!"

After that speech, all the boys let out a laugh, and then a round of applause swept round the room, along with calls for a speech.

"I, I don't know what to say, apart from thank you, and I wish I could have been able to prove myself to you all at the tryouts..."
"Hey Charl, believe me when I say that you have proved yourself to us all in more ways that words can describe, so stop worrying! Anyway, the lifeguard challenge will be here before you know it, so you can challenge us all in that if you really want to!"

I nodded my head in thanks before shouting "So then... Let's get this party started!"

From that point onwards, a hectic day turned into a hectic night, and the mayhem of the daytime was met with the chaos of the nighttime. I never realised that the lifeguards were such party animals, but I can certainly say that I have never in my life seen a crazier bunch of people. Well, apart from Gonzo, who's dance moves reminded me of my dad in more ways than one.

I began to think about what tomorrow would hold, and then realised that the majority of the morning would probably consist of Chap and I cleaning up and kicking hungover lifeguards out of my house, which was definitely going to be amusing.

All in all, my day had gone from good, to bad to amazing, but in all honesty, I wouldn't change it for the World.

SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS A LITTLE BORING, BUT I DON'T WANT TO RANDOMLY THROW PIECES OF ACTION IN WHEN THEY'RE NOT NEEDED, HOWEVER, THERE WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE MORE ACTION ON THE WAY, SO DON'T WORRY.
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OF YOU ARE ACTUALLY READING MY STORY, AND YOUR COMMENTS ALWAYS BRING A SMILE TO MY FACE, SO PLEASE DON'T STOP GIVING ME YOUR FEEDBACK!
AS ALWAYS, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x