Listen to the waves

When we arrived back at my house, I unlocked the door and was rather surprised to see a flickering light coming from the kitchen. As I walked forwards to go and see what was happening, I found it quite perculiar that Chappo held off a little and waited in the doorway.

I stood in the doorway to the kitchen and did a 360 degree look around, trying to take in all of the information. The dining table was set up in a beautifully delicate manner, with the flowers that Chap had given me earlier arranged in a delicate little vase and 'flame less' candles surrounding them.

"I would have gotten real candles, but I didn't think you'd appreciate it if I burnt your house down," Chap said - I love how he always manages to make jokes sound romantic.
"I think you're right there Chap... I most definitely wouldn't have thanked you if I had come home to a house which was burnt to the ground, and was no longer there!" I whispered as he showed me over to the table (despite the fact that I was very much aware of where it was), pulled out my chair and told me to take a seat.

He then went over to the side and brought over two bowls of spaghetti bolognaise, and a huge plateful of garlic bread. Italian food was by far my favourite, and Garlic bread was most certainly my favourite food. Sometimes I think that the man sat opposite me knows me better than I know myself.

"I hope the foods alright, because I don't claim to be a professional chef or anything, but I like to think that my food is at least edible!" Chap joked,
"Honestly Chap, it's lovely," I said as I helped myself to a couple more pieces of garlic bread, "in fact, I don't think that I could have done a better job myself,"

As we were finishing off, I realised how quiet it was around my neighbourhood. If you listened really closely, then the sounds of the waves rolling onto the beach were just about audible, but apart from that, there was nothing. I must say, that I have never appreciated the sound of silence as much as I do now.

"Hey Charl, you alright?" Chap asked as he waved his hand in front of my face,
"Huh? What?" I replied, realising that not only had I been listening to the waves, but I had been in a bit of a daydream, "oh sorry, I was just listening to the waves!"
"Ah sweet, as long as you're alright, it looked like you were in a trance!"
"Well Chap, what can I say? Having a fine specimen of a man this close to you has that kind of affect..."
"Awh, you're too kind!" He replied in a way which was more camp than I thought was possible.
"Nah, I wasn't talking about you Chap, I was talking about the man who is currently trying to sneak up on you!"

Chap whirled around faster than you could say backpackers rip, and I started to laugh uncontrollably as he came face to face with non other than Whippet....

SORRY, BUT IT'S JUST A SHORT CHAPTER THIS TIME GUYS...
I HAVE A HELL OF A LOT OF SCHOOLWORK TO DO AND I'M NOT VERY WELL, HOWEVER I HOPE TO UPDATE AGAIN TOMORROW!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS LITTLE BIT OF ROMANCE...

MUCH LOVE,
Charlie x