Nicolas - The Prince who became a Guard

My name is Nicholas, and I am the youngest and therefore the most useless prince of the kingdom of Cathyador. My oldest brother is Nick, the most useful one, and the middle one is Nicole, the extra. And me? A total nobody. We all have chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes except for our mother. And like all royal families around the world, we have magical powers. Now don't get carry away. It's only powers over certain elements. Me, I have powers over wind and water, which is kind of cool. And fun too if you know what I mean. (Wink!)

Now my family have a very big issue to talk about, which is me.  There has been an unfortunate incident yesterday.  I will spared you the details.

"Nicolas, what are we going to do with you?  Why are you always like this?  Maybe you should just take a vacation.  Go somewhere." My mother said over dinner.

"Why can't I just stay here?" I complained. "Nick and Nicole are staying."

"Hey, I'm the future king! I can't just leave." Nick snapped.  Does my family want me gone that bad?

"You are almost seventeen! And you are a very wild prince, anyway, with your silly antics." My father growled.

Wild, huh? All I did was to learn fencing, swordfight, hand-to-hand combat, and other arts of war. Because I was bored. And I practice with my superpowers, if you call doing mischief with it practicing. But I wasn't that wild!

"He might make a good guard, I supposed." My mother frowned.

"Who would need a guard - wait!" Nicole said suddenly. "I heard the queen of Beryortha needs a royal guard!" He laughed. "You could go there."

"The queen of Beryortha? Her brother, the former king, is a tyrant.". Nick said, smirking.

"Whoever that old woman is, someone hated her so bad they tried to kill her." Nicole added.

"Wasn't that person her sister? Some family!"

"And - "

"Enough!" My father roared. "It is settled then! Nicolas, you will go and be her guard. Beryortha is a very wealthy kingdom and a very good ally. If it doesn't work out, go somewhere else. Marry a princess or something as long as you do not embarrass us. You shall leave tomorrow!"

And so, they shipped me off before I could protest and left me to be the guard of a evil queen. So much for tender farewells.