Clarabella - Goodbye

The next day, Star left. Neither of us was surprised. However, we did not expected her to come back. We thought she would simply send a letter.

One month later, she came back.

"Clara, it worked!" She laughed.

I was stunned at the sight of her.

"You came back?" I asked.

"Yes, I need to tell you in person." She dragged Nicolas and I away to a private room.

"You cannot believe this. I send my maid to the palace and they deliberately gossipped right outside the prince's room where he can hear. Oh, and by the way, he's not that old, just a fool."

Nicolas nodded in agreement.

"They didn't see his face but they heard a commotion. They were saying how awful that I was cursed by a witch to become a blood sucking creature at night and their honorable prince had to marry her. Apparently, he decided to see for himself if that is true. When he came to visit, I made a maid to walk around making ghostly moans."

Nicolas laughed, "Nick couldn't sleep well when he's frighten. Did he get up and went for a walk?"

"Yes! And I had one of the maids dressed up in the gown that I was wearing earlier and I put awful makeup on her and I told her to scared the prince. When she was stumbling toward him, I ran out, dressed in a maid's outfit and pretend to shield the prince and she pretend to bite me on the neck."

We all burst into laughter.

"I'm surprised that he didn't use the wind to kill her. Well, he's probably too frighten.". Nicolas chuckled.

"He ran off after that. The maid told my parent that he was a bit mad. Even better, he sender a letter saying that he doesn't want to marry me anymore!"

"Good. I hope you don't go around breaking people's heart." I warned.

She ducked her head. "I'm sorry." She said. "I was hoping to fall in love, but everyone's a jerk!"

Nicolas and I winced.

To our absolute horror, Jason came back, later that day. We thought he wouldn't come back, but we were wrong.

"Hello, Clarabella, you look beautiful today. Sorry for leaving the other day, but I thought there was a damsel in distress, but it was all a mistake. I hoped that you realized how much your heart ached for me and made up your mind to marry me. . ."

I cannot believe my sister had tried to kill me for a man like him. Sure, he's handsome but, really?

Just then, Star came. She was dressed in a town as silver as the moon.

"A guest -" She asked, then stopped at the sight of Jason, who was gaping at her.

"Lady, who are you? You are the most beautiful maiden on earth!"

She blushed and replied, "I am Princess Star of Khionada, the Kingdom of Ice."

Jason grinned, "I remember you! We use to know each other years ago. Remember me? I am Prince Jason of Alberyor, the Kingdom of Sunshine."

You could tell by his tanned skin.

"It's so nice to see you again, I could barely recognized you!" Star gushed.

I motioned to Nicolas for us to leave quietly. Once we're outside and out of earshot, I said to him, "That was awkward." He nodded.

The next day, they announced their engagement and invited us.

"Why am I not surprise?" Nicolas murmured as the couple rode away on a fancy carriage.

"They're both vain and proud. And dim witted, but beautiful and handsome. Of course they would suit each other." We laughed.