The Enemies' Next Move

"Your sister's coronation is coming soon, isn't is?" The young man asked.

"Yes," replied a pretty girl with coppery gold hair and emerald green eyes. "She will crown queen officially on her seventeenth birthday. Which is my birthday too."

"Don't worry, we're going to succeed."

"But Robert, what about that royal bodyguard?" The girl asked, anxiously.

"Don't worry, Elisabella, I will take care of him." Robert replied.

"Thank you." Elisabella said. "How could my own twin banished me away?"

"You did plotted your family's death."

"Sebastian is a tyrant. He should be dead. Clarabella is too soft, too cheerful, to be a queen. I'm the best choice, but no one would acknowledge me as queen now that they knew what I did, even if it was necessary. So, I will try to take her place. No one would suspect. We look so much alike."

She touched her face and frowned. "I wish we didn't look so similar. I hate it when my enemy have my face."

"I love you just the way you are." Robert placed his hand over hers.

She smiled sweetly at him. "I couldn't do anything without you."

The guilt about her family gnawed at her, but she ignored it. She had carried the guilt for three years, and soon, it would be worth it.

She had pretended to be sick, so she could stay in bed. It was so easy. Someone had locked the door to the private dining room after the maid entered and stabbed them one by one, so no one could escape. But something gone wrong. Clarabella somehow activate her earth ability, which was a dormant gene from a long-ago ancestor, and escape through the window and out a secret passageway. It was quite a sight. Blood stained the floor and the three bodies show signs of murder. But Clarabella's body was missing. Sometime later, she reappeared, wearing rags and looking exhausted. Elisabella had been shocked. But she pretend to be glad to see her. Then Clarabella accused her of plotting with some royal tutors and maids to kill the royal family. For the throne and for the handsome Prince Jason. And she was right. She couldn't believe Clarabella had been searching for the evidences the whole time while she was missing and presumed dead.

"She should have executed me three years ago. She's too naive to think I won't get my revenge." She laughed. "And I will, just wait and see."