Nicolas - Something Fun

It has been a week since the assassination attempt. We kept it quiet for now so very little people knows. Stefan is trying to find out who was the one who send the assassin in the first place.

Being a royal guard is boring, you have to follow your master around and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. And Clarabella doesn't do anything fun. It's all paper work.

"Why do you work so much?" I complained to her. "It's boring for me to just stand here and watch, you know."

"It distracts me from something that I don't want to think about." She replied without looking in my direction.

"Couldn't you do something fun?"

"No." She replied firmly.

"Killjoy." I muttered

Clarabella thought for a moment. "I guess you're right. Maybe I should do something fun instead of cooping up in here."

"Now she has some sense." I muttered to myself.

She glared at me.

"The summer solstice is in a week. The town people holds a festival every year at that time. Do you want to come?" She ask reluctantly.

I flashed her a grin. "Of course, I have to be near you to protect you right?"

"I think I'll rather die." She said. "You are insufferable."

I laughed.

"Lucy and Stefan are both going to get a day off on the summer solstice." Lucy is her maid.

"Not surprising. They want to spent time with their family, right?"

"I supposed. Get something to wear next week. The clothes you have on won't do."

"Wait, you're really going?"

"Of course."

"What if you're caught?"

"I'll just make up an excuse."

I laughed. "I honestly thought you're too serious to do such things."

"Shut up."

I only laughed harder.