Nicolas - The Assassin

Clarabella screamed while I fought the assassin. After a while with neither of us gaining the upper hand, I summoned a sharp wind to sliced off his blade.

Then suddenly, the ground erupt. Vines sprout from the ground and snared the assassin. He was hopelessly tangled.

I, too, was trapped. I was dumbfounded at the mess of ivies that is growing rapidly over the floor.

That must be Clarabella's royal power, I thought.

The assassin starts swearing and hacking at the plants with a dagger but it was no use.

"Princess!" Stefan shook Clarabella, who seemed to be in shock. Her eyes are glazed and unfocused. She had fallen to the floor.

After a while, she snapped out of her shocked state. She stared at the room with wide eyes before turning to me.

"Nicolas? Are you okay?" She asked.

Do I look okay?

"Princess, please do something about this. It's cutting off my blood circulation." I said through gritted teeth.

The vines slowly starts to retreat back into the floor. When I was loose enough, I wriggled out from the vines. I ran over to the assassin, who is still struggling, and hit him on the temple to knock him out.

Clarabella shakily rose from the floor.

Stefan studies the assassin, a middle age man with sandy hair.

"He doesn't look familiar. He doesn't wear anything to show where he's from. Nicolas, do you think he's from another kingdom." Stefan asked.

"How should I know?" I grumbled. "I haven't been here that long. I'm guessing he's not a guard."

"No, he doesn't wear the uniform." Stefan confirms.

"Clarabella, are you all right?" Stefan ask.

She doesn't look all right. She was trembling and her face had gone pale.

"It was like that night from three years ago." She whispered.

That was when her family was assassinated in front of her. It must be truly terrifying.

"Nicolas," she says. "You don't have to take the third test. You have already proven yourself. You are now officially my royal guard."

"Good." I replied.

"Now, take that man to prison. Stefan, have Lucy prepare a cup of tea for me. I will be in my room for tonight."

I just have to do the dirty work, huh? I yelled for some guards to dragged the assassin to prison where he will be interrogated. There's no way I could do it all by myself.