Nicolas - Another Visitor

It's been three months since Prince Jason left. We hoped he wouldn't return, because even if Clarabella refused to marry him (I can see why!) he would still stay a while to flirt with every lady in the palace.

The first month, we relax. The second month, we were a bit anxious about him returning. Also, the captain of guards came back.

"It's Robert! He came back!" A maid squealed.

"Who's Robert?" I asked, eating a fig.

"The captain of the guards. He bosses everyone around. He was currently on vacation, because his mother became ill."

"Is he important?"

"Of course, he also commanded my army if Beryortha ever go to war."

Then, on the third month, we decided to stop dreading his return. He wouldn't come unless he really thinks she would marry him.

Then today, a carriage arrived. Not an ordinary stagecoach but a fancy carriage belonging to someone of noble blood. Maybe even royalty.

My heart fell to my stomach until I realized it wasn't the same Jason arrived in before.

It was someone new.  But who?

Later that day, I got my answer. Stefan introduced the newcomer as Princess Star.

Before I even saw her, Clarabella said to me, "Don't do anything stupid."

Before I figured out what she meant, Princess Star stepped into the room.

Then I knew. Princess Star could easily be the prettiest girl on earth. Her hair is silvery blonde and her eyes are brighter than any stars she's name after. She has to be around seventeen.

"Is she a childhood friend?" I asked Clarabella.

"Not only that, she is also my cousin on my mother's side of the family." Clarabella said.

Star ran forward and hugged Clarabella. "Clara! I haven't seen you for two years! I missed the time when Jason, you, and I played together! Although that was before Jason developed his superior air." Star giggled and I thought I never heard anything sweeter.

Then she turns to me and smiled brighter than the sun.

"Is this your new bodyguard? I heard your coronation is coming up so you need a bodyguard in case. . ." She trailed off.

"Hello, Nicolas. It's nice to meet you. I'd heard so much about you."

I blushed and stammers, "The pleasures are mine."

She laughed.

A maid knocked on the door and told Star to rest from her journey.

"I'm fine! I want to spent more time with my cousin and her handsome guard!" She insisted. She turned and winked at us before leaving. I have a feeling the wink was actually meant for me.

Clarabella glared at me. "Don't fall for her pretty words. I would watch my back around her." She warned.

"How could you say that about your own cousin?" I protested. 

"Trust me."