Nicolas - Confusion

It has been three days since Princess Star came, but it feels like three seconds. Everyone admires her so much she almost never have time to herself.

The one day, out of the blue, she cornered me in outside of the castle.

"Nicolas, I had been hoping to see you in private!" She blushes.

"You did?" I asked, pleased.

"Yes, I was very curious about you. Why would a prince of royal blood chose to be a bodyguard?"

"Um, my parent didn't like me a lot. I wasn't very obedient or subservient." I admitted. "And they basically disowned me. They told me to leave and go out and make myself useful in some way. They used Clarabella's need of a bodyguard position as an excuse to make me leave."

Star looks shocked. "How could they? Their own son!"

"I have two older brothers who my parents like better." I answered, glumly.

"Oh, I had no idea. I'm so sorry. I thought you were one of those boring princes who do things on a whim." She blushes again. "No offense."

"I'm fine." I said.

"Clearly you're serious about your job. When do you intend to leave?"

"I don't know." I answer, thinking about it. "I haven't decided."

"Well, when Clarabella fires you, you can always come to my palace. Until you find a new place. I'm certain there are many princesses who might want to marry you."

I shuddered. I'm suddenly glad my parents didn't get rid of me by marrying me off to someone.

Star leans closer. "Nicolas, you should come and meet my family someday. I'm-"

Suddenly, I sense an object right before a pot of flowers fell right next to us. The glass pottery shattered, splattering soil on to Star's silvery dress. I saw a flash of coppery gold at the window above us.

Star let out a cry of surprise. "That could have kill me!"

She quickly dismissed herself and ran to her room to put on a new dress.

I knew immediately Clarabella had done it. I had seen her coppery gold hair. I walk to her office as fast as I could.

"Why did you do that?" I demanded.

Clarabella was sitting at her desk, reading a book. "She's irking me! And not only that. She weaving a trap for you. Did you really think she likes you?" She glared at me.

I scowl. "What would she want with me?"

"Nothing. She's just playing around. It's her sick sense of humor."

"She doesn't seem that cruel." It's hard to believe Star would be cruel.

"You're wrong. Don't be so trusting. I got proof, too." Clarabella smirked.

"What proof?"

"I can prove Star doesn't even care for you. She's playing a game."

"Well, what's the proof?"

Clarabella smiles in triumph. "Come here tonight at midnight. And don't let anyone see you."