Nicolas - Escape

I woke up in a small dungeon. Sunlight streamed through a window and landed on my face. For a moment, I couldn't remember what happened. All I thought was: Did Clarabella threw me in the dungeon again?

Then, I remembered. I was kidnapped by a friend of Clarabella's murderous sister. And I thought my own siblings were bad.

I slowly sat up. My head throbbed a little.

"Look who's awake." a familiar voice said.

"Clarabella, is that you? Or is that your sister?" I turned at the direction of the voice.

"It's me, of course. Why else am I in this prison with you?" She said, glumly.

I studied our prison cell, which was big and almost empty, except for a tray at the corner.

"That's food. Calling it edible was a little too generous. It's nothing but stale bread." Clarabella said as she noticed my curiosity.

"Stale is still edible." I replied as I munched hungrily on a piece.

"It might have been fresh when we first came here."

I stopped. "How long had we been here?"

"About two days."

"Isn't is your coronation in a few hours?"

Clarabella's face darkened. "We need to stop her." She turned and looked at the wall opposite the wall with the bolted door.

I turned and noticed for the first time that the windows had bars which were covered in ivies and vines.

"I tried to make the plants pulled the bars off." Clarabella confessed. "They weren't strong enough"

"Let me try." I said.

I closed my eyes and summoned a strong gust of wind. It slam hard against the bars and slice through several of them.

Clarabella gasped in surprised. "That's amazing."

"You first." I gestured at her to climb out. "Hurry, we don't have much time left. We have a few hours at least."

She stepped onto my shoulder and crawled through the small opening in the windows. She used the vines as footholds and handholds. After a while she reached the ground.

I jumped/fell through the windows and landed at Clarabella's feet.

"Ouch," I said, wincing as I got up.

"Very graceful." she replied as she ran off.

I followed her through the woods.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the great church, of course. That's where the coronation will take place."

"When will it started?"

She glanced at the sun, which is high in the sky.

"Now."