VI

Listen while you read:
Alabama Shakes - Future People

____________________________

"Who the hell didn't turn on the pitch siren?!" Dylan yelled at the group if men sitting at the table. "We turn them on every time we leave. Who's turn was it?", Neither man said anything. They simply shared glances.

"Mine." Louis spoke up receiving everyone's attention.

"Lou, you did it yesterday. I know it wasn't you and I don't want you to take the blame for anyone else." The blond man ordered.

Liam sighed, "It was me." Silence fell and eyes were on the brawny Britain, "You asked me to get the weapons and secure the animals. I'm sorry I just got overwhelmed with all those things to do in the short amount of time."

Dylan sighed as he held the bridge of his nose in frustration, "It's alright. We're just lucky that Lily didn't get hurt."

Everyone nodded and began standing from their seats, "What about the girls?" Lily asked from the hall.

Everyone turned to see the small brunette, "What about them?" Louis asked annoyed.

Lily scoffed and stepped into the kitchen where they all stood, "They saved my life. They also saved yours because I know for a fact that we would've all been killed by that stage two infected. They also could have escaped and killed us, but they didn't. That should at least count for something, Dylan." Silence came over everyone as what Lily was saying was true. "You all agree so why are you all not saying anything?"

Dylan looked to each man who's heads were hanging low, "Do you all agree?"

"Well they did save Lily, mate. In my opinion this looks like they're cooperating with helping us." Louis spoke up. "I mean I'm all up for locking them in the room or kicking them out. After what happened last time, you can't be too safe."

"If they were part of F.O.L they would have escaped that very moment and told hq where we were." Cole added.

"So what do you suggest we do, Cole?" Dylan said right after his brother.

"I suggest we give them the privilege to be free to do what they want. They could have left with the chance that was wide open for them, but they didn't. They decided to go back into that room that they've been trapped in just so we could feel secured with their stay." Dylan shook his head in disbelief at his brother, "They deserve that much."

Dylan looked at each person in that room until he locked eyes with Liam who stood silently in the corner, "What do you think, Liam?"

The tall man sighed, "I think we should be easier on them. They did help Lily when my mistake was made. I do believe they should be free from the room."

Dylan nodded and released a breath, "This is what we'll do: During the day they are free to do as they please, but weapons remain in the shed. When it comes to lights out, they will be locked in that room." Dylan said before exiting to his room. Everyone shared a glance and went their separate ways to rest for the next day.

*****

Dinah woke up to the sun beaming in her eyes. Nothing, but the silent serenity of the room with her. As the blonde haired woman was closing her eyes once more, they shot open and she noticed Normani and Lauren weren't with her. She sat up and looked around frantically. The first thing the tall woman did was go to the door.

"Hey! Where are my friends! We trusted you!" Dinah yelled angrily as she banged on the door. "I swear if you did anything to them I'll-", The door swung open and there stood Normani with a soft expression. Dinah stood shocked, due to the fact that she was going to break down the door only moments ago for her friends and one who was now standing in front of her. The Polynesian ran to Normani and embraced her tightly. Dinah's eyes began to fill with tears, "I thought they did something."