XIX

Listen while you read:
Majid Jordan - Something About You

_______________________________

Lauren wakes up to the sound of birds chirping. She rubs her eyes to better enhance them as she sits up. Green eyes look around her tent and she takes a deep breath as a smile crept onto her face. Something about today felt relaxing. The cool air hitting her skin giving her slight goosebumps.

She then hears a small groan followed by the shifting tent. She turns to see Camila cuddling herself attempting to continue her slumber.

"Camz, get up." Lauren says in a groggy tone.

"It's too early." The brunette groans.

Lauren patted Camila's leg in a weak attempt to get her up, "Come on we gotta get breakfast."

"Why not let the others get it?"

"Because they're still asleep and we're already awake come on." Lauren said as she stood putting on her red flannel.

With a groan Camila pushed herself up and yawned. She put on her shoes as Lauren made her way out the tent. Lauren was already walking into the woods with her arctic warfare rifle around her shoulder. Camila picked up her stick and quickly followed the fast moving Floridian.

"What's the rush?" Camila asked as she finally caught up with Lauren who was ducking behind a bush.

Lauren immediately hushed her and signaled for her to get down as well, "It's a deer." She whispered while pointing across from them.

Camila squinted her eyes as she scanned everywhere, "I don't see anything." She whispered.

Suddenly a deer emerged from behind some trees and began eating from the tall grass. Lauren turned to smile at Camila who was staring in shock at the animal. Green eyes lingered on the brunette next to her, studying her features.

"It's so beautiful." Camila exhaled in amazement looking at the animal.

"Yeah." Lauren smiled turning back to see the majestic animal.

Suddenly the deer picked it's head up and ran off. Lauren groaned as she knew she wouldn't be able to chase after it without leaving Camila behind.

"Let's catch fish by the lake." Camila suggested.

"Good idea and I can show you how to catch them with that spear." Camila smiled and the pair left to the stream nearby hand in hand.

Normani was awakened by the scent of cooking fish and put on her shoes before exiting her tent. Around the fire she seen all the girls eating their share of fish. Normani fixed her hair to the side and smiled at the group of women.

"Good morning. Did you ladies catch this with your new skills?" Normani asked taking a seat next to Lucy.

"Janel and I actually caught up with Lauren and Camila when they were by the stream catching fish." Lucy smiled.

"Where are the boys?" The Texan asked.

"Asleep. They like to sleep in now that they can." Janel answered.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Hey, where's Dinah?"

Normani opened her mouth to answer, but the Polynesian exited their tent looking tired. "Right here." The Texan smiled.

As Dinah was putting on her shoes, Lauren rose an eyebrow at Normani while wearing a smirk. The track star took notice and her small smile faded.

"What?"