XVI

"Dinah!" Calum was cut off by the blood curtailing screams that sent shivers down everyone's spine. Dinah ran down the gym and into the dark halls with everyone else.

"It's Allyson I'm pretty sure she came out here." Normani said.

"Alright new group stay inside with Normani and Camila." Dinah ordered.

"What? No, I'm going with you."

"Mani, please I don't want you getting hurt."

"I can handle myself."

Dinah sighed, "Fine. Lauren and Camila stay with the group."

"Nope." Lauren said blatantly.

Dinah then groaned in irritation, "Why do you gotta be so damn stubborn?"

"Why can't Camila stay on her own?" Lauren argued.

"Because I don't know how to kill one of those things and neither do they."

"You'll learn on the job."

"I really don't like your-"

"Stop it!" Dinah whispered loudly. "We're not doing this right now. Lauren and Camila get inside now and protect the newbies." Dinah ordered more sternly. "Lock the door because it might be more people so don't open unless it's us."

"How are we gonna know it's you?" Camila asked.

"Because we'll give two knocks and a scratch "

Lauren rolled her eyes and got inside with Camila.

Dinah and Normani carefully walked down the dark halls with their pistols and flashlights up. They whispered Ally's name now and then to see if she would answer. They walked up a few stairs and down, but couldn't find her anywhere. Dinah was even beginning to look inside a few class rooms.

They passed many closed doors, but only one remained open. The thing that made this door stick out was that Ally's green camouflage hat laid in front of it. Both girls looked at one another with a questioning look, but continued either way. Looking down into the dark stairway, Normani was ready to run out. Dinah bravely took the first descending step with Normani following close behind. Although they had flashlights, they could barely see anything through the darkness. After they got to the bottom floor they noticed they were in a basement. The smell of wet concrete filled the cool air.

Dinah lowered the light to have a good look around. There seemed to be a water heater and a few disregarded paint cans. Normani kept pointing her gun and light in all directions trying to find their friend.

"Well, she's not in here. Lets go." Normani whispered with fear.

Suddenly Dinah heard small cries and whimpers. "Wait. I think I hear her." Dinah said holding her hand up. "Ally? Allyson, where are you?"

"Dinah." They heard from in the darkness.

"Ally. Let me get her, stay here." Dinah whispered.

Normani watched as Dinah was devoured in the darkness as she waited on the steps. Suddenly Normani could hear sobs from near her. She quickly pointed her gun and flashlight towards the noise and seen a crying and frightened Ally crawling out from under, what looked like, a table.

Normani quickly helped the short woman and stood her up where she noticed the poor woman was shaking in fear, "Ally? Then who's-"

"Run! Normani, run!!" Dinah yelled followed by round of gun shots.

Normani pulled Ally towards the stairs where she ran like the speed of light after picking up her hat. Normani waited until Dinah was in view and began firing at whatever she was seeing. Once Dinah ran out of bullets she ran towards the Texan and pushed her up the stairs. The Polynesian was right behind Normani, but was being pulled back down the stairs by the monster. Normani looked back in time to see it's glowing white eyes and wasted no time in firing her gun at it causing it to let go of Dinah long enough for Normani to go down a few steps and help her friend up the stairs.