IX

Listen while you read:
Lorde - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

____________________________

Dinah awoke first with the sun shining brightly in her eyes. She sat up and began to stretch, with a yawn she looked around to make sure both of her friends were there. Normani laid fast asleep and it was then that the Polynesian looked around for their silent friend, but couldn't find her.

"Lauren?" Dinah said in a groggy tone. She now stood up and looked out the windows only to notice that a horse was missing. "Shit." She cursed speed walking to the door.

The wooden door swung open and crashed against the wall startling Normani, who was now awake.

"What happened?" The Texan asked quickly going to Dinah's side.

"Lauren's gone."

"W-where would she go?" Normani asked trying to understand the situation as she was still half asleep.

Dinah sighed, "I don't know. I'm gonna look for her. Stay here." She said as she began to get her horse prepared for the journey.

"What? I'm not staying here, I'm going with you." Normani argued nearing her horse.

Dinah was quick to shove the dark skinned woman, "No! What if she got herself into some trouble? It's better if you stay here and board up the windows." She said and began to walk off.

Normani scoffed and pulled the Californian back causing her to turn, "And leave you to go handle all that by yourself? No way, I'm going with you. We're in this together."

Both shared an intense stare off looking angrily at one another. Dinah being afraid that something bad would happen to Normani and feeling it would be better for her to stay. Normani not wanting Dinah to run to potential danger of the unknowing. The pair were in a corner with the situation.

Suddenly the sound of a horse sneezing caught the attention of both girls causing them to turn around. Up the trail they seen Lauren's horse and Lauren walking next to it wearing her red flannel around her waist. Both girls sighed and ran to their green eyed friend.

"Where the hell were you, Lauren?" Normani said as she was right in front of her.

Lauren reached around the horse that was carrying a duffle bag and handed it to a confused Normani. As soon as she opened it Dinah finally caught up with the track star out of breath. Both eyes went wide as they seen the variety of shot guns and rifles.

"Holy shit, Lo!" Dinah smiled, "You went back to get these?" She asked as Lauren grinned and nodded her head. Suddenly Lauren pulled out another duffle bag and handed it to Dinah, who opened it quickly. "And you got ammunition. You're the best."

"Were there a lot of creos?" Normani asked as they walked back. Lauren shook her head.

"Well we should get breakfast." Dinah suggested. "And test out these bad boys." She smirked pulling out a glock.

Normani quickly took it back from her, "Quietly. We don't want to attract any creos."

Lauren then pulled out four silencers and handed one to Dinah and Normani.

The three smiled and took their new weapons to keep them safe, only taking out a few to hunt. Lauren, of course, couldn't bare to part another second without her arctic warfare rifle.

Lauren followed the two women to the small cabin and reached in her back pack to pull out a first aid kit. She walked over to Dinah and held up the small box, wagging her finger for Dinah to follow. The green eyed woman took off the piece of red flannel that was around Dinah's arm revealing her wound.