broken - stiles stilinski

LLJ x 

re-written (12/oct/18)

Broken is the only way I can describe the way I'm feeling right now. 

After hearing the words that were just spoken to me, I honestly can't believe it.  

It feels like a big hole in my soul has been cut out and removed. 

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, I can feel the tears streaming down my face and I'm totally confused. 

I wish this was a dream. 

I would give anything to just wake up and realise all of this was just in my head. 

Moments ago a police officer knocked on my door and told me that my parents were in a accident. 

My Mum and Dad were coming home from there anniversary dinner when a truck driver slammed into the side of there car. It was an accident, the driver had been driving non-stop for a few days and fell asleep at the wheel.

The officer told me that my parents were killed instantly and that the driver was rushed to hospital but he passed away in the ambulance.

Before she left she told me the Sheriff is on his way. 

I held back the tears until I saw the police car driving away. 

_*_ 

The door opens and I watch as the Sheriff walks in, his eyes are glassy and I know how upset he is. Sheriff and my parents were very close. My Dad and Mr. Stilinski are best friends and have been since they were 5. 

I watch him as his face drops once he sees me curled in a corner of the front room. 

"Y/N," he mumbles. "I'm sorry." 

I can't say anything but I manage to pick myself up and give Mr. Stilinski a hug. 

"I'm going to take you to my house, Stiles is waiting for you. He wanted to pick you up himself, but it isn't safe for him to drive and the same is for you." Mr. Stilinski helps me outside, locking the door behind him. 

Once in the car I manage to get a few words out. "I can't believe it." I look over and watch as a single tear slides down his face. 

The car ride is completely silent. I'm still trying to process what has happened and the same with Mr. Stilinski. 

...-...

A little while later I'm out the front of the house, Mr. Stilinski opens the door and ushes me in. "I'm gonna leave you here with Stiles, I need to go back to the..." His voice breaks and he doesn't finish his sentence. 

Giving me a hug good-bye he closes the door. 

With the sound of the door closing, I hear thudding footsteps running down the stairs. 

I don't even say anything before I'm suddenly in Stiles' arms. I tightly squeeze him until he can't breathe.  

"They're gone, Stiles. They're gone. What do I do?" I sob. I grab a hold of his shirt and ball in up into my fist.

The Stilinski's are all I have now, I'm not going to lose anyone else.

He didn't say anything, so I lifted my head and looked at his face. There are dry tear streaks staining his cheek, his eyes are red and puffy.