Filming the Maze Runner - Dylan O'Brien

A/N This is a little hard to follow, short and not very good but...

My eyes flash open and water burns my lungs.

I feel someone beside me but I'm too busy coughing up water to notice.

Once the waters leaves my lungs and I've gained my breath I scan my surrounding,

I see wooden creates around me and a boy beside me.

"Where a-" Before I finish everything around me starts moving. The ground beneath me starts to shake and I feel like I'm being lifted up. "What's happening?" I yell over the screeching of scraping metal.

"I don't know? I-I- can't remember anything." The boy says. I recognise his voice but I can't remember where I heard it or who it belong to. All I know is I've heard it before.

"I'm scared." I whimper as the metal box rises. The boy next to me stares at me for a moment before opening his arms. I quickly crawl over to him and hug him tightly, a sense of familiarity washes over me and I'm instantly calm.

"What's your name?" He asks against my shoulder.

I pause for a moment, my brain searches for an answer but I end up with nothing.

"I-I-" My breathing picks up and I feel a wave of panic.

The boy squeezes me tightly and strokes my arms. "It's okay... It's okay."

The box suddenly stops and I look up to see a red light. The boy and I break apart as the top of the box starts opening. The bright lights burns my eyes and I hide under my arm.

As I adjust to the light I see a group of boys standing around looking down at us. One of the boys with blonde hair jumps down and his eyes flicker from my face to the boys.

"Welcome home, Greenies."

"Cut! That was great everybody!" Wes yells. Me and Dylan look at each other and smile. "Okay, we're going to take a 5 minute break and we'll start shooting on the scene with Ably, Gabby and Thomas in the tree house." Wes claps his hands before getting tap on the shoulder, from someone wanting to get his attention.

"That was great." Dylan says while helping me out of the box.

"Thanks, you too." My voice comes out shaky and quiet. Dylan immediately notices.

He looks at me warily. "Are you okay? You seem nervous."

I shake my head while focusing a laugh. "What! No, of course not."

Suddenly I see Wes coming my way, I know what he's coming for so I try to slip away but Dylan grabs a hold of my arm. "Y/N, I know you're scared of heights. Will you be okay with shooting the next scene?" I look up at Dylan with a guilty expression before looking back a Wes.

"Yeah, I fine. Just fine, I promise." I fake a smile. Wes seems convinced as he pats my shoulder.

"You'll do great." He walks away and Dylan lets go of my arm.

"You're scared of height?"

I nod. He's defiantly going to laugh at me, one hundred percent. I look down, preparing myself for the mocking laugh.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I'll be up there with you."

...-...

I climb up the wooden ladder, Alby in front of me and Thomas behind. Once we reach the top, I sigh as I look around at the amazing view.

Thomas rests his elbow on the wooden railing, Alby leans on a beam and I stand there with my arms crossed.

"What's out there?" Thomas asks, scanning the massive glade.

"We only have three rules." Ably says ignoring Thomas' question. "The first, do your part. Second, never harm another Glader. And most importantly, never go beyond those walls. I guess now we'll be having four. Since, you're the only girl so well be creating a rule to keep you safe from there horny boy. "

I smile at Alby but I'm not really listening. Why won't he just tell us what's out there? Isn't it better we know?

"Did you-"

*SNAP*

Dylan stops his line as the tree shakes, I reach out and hold Dylan's bicep and the tree stops shaking.

"Woah, want happened?" Aml asks leaning over the wooden beam. I squeeze Dylan's arm tighter causing him to look at me for the first time.

"Y/N, you don't have to be scared-" He laughs, I send him a deadly glare making him laugh harder. "Because you have me." My glare softens at his words and I relax a little.

"Guy!" Wes yell for down below. Aml and Dylan lean forward but I stay back. "It's okay! Just a little snap nothing to worry ab-"

*SNAP*

The tree house shakes again and I pull Dylan back. He smiles at me, bring his arms around my waist and pulling me tighter to his chest.