2

Harry's POV -

I struggled to comprehend what I saw on my way home yesterday. Emily.. Her bruises covering her entire torso.

Did my friend's jump her when I wasn't there?

No.. They wouldn't really hit a girl, would they? I don't really know, but what I do know were those weren't accidental bruises.

But the scowl she gave me from her window, I swear I felt a part of me break inside, I don't know why I am bullying her. Sounds like a stupid excuse, but I really don't, she was my best friend, but now I don't know where I stand. I can tell she can't stand me at all, I wish it turned out differently.

I still worry about her, nothing will stop that. It seems like nothing is stopping my feelings towards her, and I wish something did, before extreme measures must be taken.

Emily's POV -

The rain ran down my window, each raindrop, every single one reminding me of the tears I shed last night. That is when I sat up, pain streaking through my body. I lifted up my shirt seeing the bruises, they were a lot more prominent now, and the shoe mark was a lot more visible. I sighed, standing up, I walking to my closet and pulled out some back skinny jeans, a white t-shit with "J'adore" on the front in italics. I grabbed my black hoodie, and pulled it over my body. I went to brush my teeth, careful not to make sudden movements which would send waves of pain rushing through my body.

I walked downstairs, grabbing my skateboard from the cupboard where we keep our shoes, which is where I also put on my black converse.

"Em?" I heard a female voice behind me, recognising it as my mothers.

"Mhm" I mumbled, "Are you not having breakfast" she asked slightly concerned, "No, I'm not hungry, I have an apple in my lunch, so I'll eat that when I get in school. She nodded slightly, looking down, before unexpectedly pulling me into a hug. I winced in pain pulled away from her touch. "I-I am gonna go" I looked down, but she grabbed my wrist and pulled up the shirt. The same expression Harry's face held upon hers before she frowned. "I am so sorry Em" I shook my head, her apology is way too late. "Bye mum" I said abruptly before grabbing my skateboard and rushing out the door. I pushed it down the drive, landing on it with my feet before pushing myself down the sidewalk, in the direction to school.

Thankfully the rain stopped a few minutes after I set off for school, so I wasn't as drenched as I expected. I did an ollie on my skateboard, quite proud of myself before jumping off and picking it up. I walked through the school doors, students already crowding the corridors. I walked towards my locker, pushing my skateboard in, and grabbing the books I needed.

Once again I felt a presence behind me. I shivered when I felt his breath on my neck.

"Emily" he grimaced looking down at me in disgust. I gulped as his friends began gathering around. "Harry" I answered, quite calmly. "Did you just talk back?" He asked angry, but I looked into his eyes, seeing a lot more. Before I could say anything, one of his friend's hands connected with my cheek, my eyes widened and from the looks of it so did Harry's before his expression turned hard; cold even. I was about to speak up, but Harry's knee connected with my stomach, flash backs of my dad doing the same corrupted my mind, as I lay on the floor clutching my stomach. Harry's friends walking off laughing. For a minute I thought he looked guilty. Or even concerned. But he just walked away, no remorse whatsoever as I lay on the cold marble floor.

"EMILY?" I heard Liam's voice call, worry rushing out with my name. He skidded over next to me, and tried to help me up. I smacked his hands away.

"N-no.. l-leave me a-alone" I barely made out so it was audible. I know he was trying to help, but right now I needed to be alone. I stood up, Liam held his hands out just in case I needed assistance. I looked up for a split second, and Harry was rushing back, probably to finish me off. The blood must have rushed from my face causing Liam to spin around, giving me a chance to run for the bathroom.

I could hear their muffled shouts in the distance.

"HARRY HOW ABOUT YOU FUCK OFF"

"LIAM MOVE OUT THE BLOODY WAY OR I WILL PERSONALLY GIVE YOU A BLACK EYE"

"NO, CAN'T YOU SEE SHE IS AFRAID OF YOU, AND LOOK AT YOU!"

"WHAT?"

"YOU HIT A FUCKING GIRL, WHO DID NOTHING TO YOU! YOU'RE THE WORST COWARD I HAVE SEEN HARRY, AS WELL AS YOUR DUMBFUCK FRIENDS"

I spun around, a crowd forming, but as the two boys were quite tall, I could just about see their heads. Their faces flushed with anger, until Liam's fist connected with Harry's jaw. Harry's head swung to my direction which is when he noticed me staring. He looked down, and honestly, he looked ashamed for what he had done. But I can't be sure.. He is Harry Styles.

I ran into the bathroom, and thankfully no one was in there. I slid down the wall, lifting up my shirt, my stomach bright red and swollen from the amount of contact in less than 24 hours. Tears freely fell down my cheeks, my whole body trembling. Each shake causing more tears to erupt from my tear ducts. I pushed myself off the ground, wincing in pain as I stumbled towards the mirror.

"Please... stop crying... please... I've had enough" I cried even more, before harshly wiping away the tears leaving the skin under my eyes a raw shade of red. I grabbed my bag off the floor, just as a few girls walked inside the bathroom. I looked down, their whispers clearly heard as I rushed out the bathroom.

I was about to run down the corridor when a large hand gripped my wrist.

"Em" Liam's voice rang in my ears, I quickly spun around and dived into his arms for comfort. "It hurts" I cried and he rubbed his hands down the small of my back, "let me see" I slowly lifted my shirt and he winced away, "Harry did all them" he asked quite shocked, but I shook my head. "My dad did last night too" I shrugged wiping the tears, "Emily you need to-" I shook my head violently, "n-no, I just need rest, can you take me to your house.." He nodded, not bothered about skipping a whole school day.