4

It was finally Saturday.

I spent nearly the whole week at Liam's, not ready to go home after what happened. But I was home today, my mum told me my dad was in New York for a business trip for 3 days so I was safe. 

I wandered around my house, alone, seen as my mum works nearly everyday. I am happy she enjoys being a nurse, but she has never been really been a mother to me; and I really do not class my dad as my dad. I was walking around with crackers covered in nutella.. Don't judge me, they're nice. I was contemplating on calling Liam to come over but I have been bugging him all week so I decided he needed some space. 

I stopped in front of my front door seeing a dark figure pacing back and forth through the blurry glass. I cocked my head to the side scrunching my nose in confusion wondering who it could be. The person was very tall, over 6ft I would say, quite thin but built. I stood watching for a while wondering if they were lost and hoped they would go away, but they didn't. I sighed strolling over to the door in my yoga pants and Blink-182 vest top, before pulling it open, "Are you ok-" I stopped my sentence as the person stopped, my eyes trailed up his skinny black jeans, up to his chest covered by a thin cotton shirt..

All the way up to his piercing emerald eyes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I had to blink a few times trying to process that HARRY was stood at my door. He seemed to be mirroring my same shocked expression but probably because he didn't expect me to open the door.

"Em--Emily, um hi" he blurted out, looking down then back into my blue eyes.

"What?" I questioned harshly, I felt slightly bad when his face saddened but after what he did to me, he deserved it.

"I need you to- I mean I was wondering whether you could, um, maybe tutor me for science..." he asked me trying to make contact but I guess my hard stare was intimidating him. I stepped out onto the concrete floor of my drive with bare feet looking around for his friends because I mean come on, this had to be a stupid prank.

"Emily, you'll catch a cold without your shoes on out here" he said quite seriously making my eyes widen, "since when do you care" I asked confused and he just shrugged, "when did I stop caring about you" he spoke up looking directly at me. "When did you knee me in the stomach Styles" I shot back as I stood my ground and his face fell obviously guilty. "Listen, I am sorry it's just I can't make up an excuse, I just, I don't know, I don't know why I did it" he said truthfully and I scowled. "Just like you don't know why you suddenly ditched me two years ago for a bunch of populars" I spat and his face hardened. "Will you please just tutor me" he asked changing the subject and I crossed my arms over my chest. "Why are you so desperate, I am sure there are other so called "nerds"" I rolled my eyes and he just shrugged, "I know you and um I may have told Trixie you would so I would get out of being forced to go to her party and have her trying to make me have sex with her all night" he frowned nonchalantly. I stared at him for a while before giving in because I am a nice person... sometimes.

I moved to the side to allow Harry into my home he had actually never been in before due to my father. I watched him walk inside, admiring how well he did his buns making me slightly jealous. He kicked off his boots and walked into the living room.

"Nice house." he complimented making the corners of my mouth turn up slightly. "Not as nice as you would think" I mumbled referring to my dad. "Hm?" Harry asked confused and I waved it off, "doesn't matter... So science" I repeated and he nodded taking a seat on my rather large sofa. 

We had been sat here for 2 hours quite awkwardly as I told him about certain things he pointed out that he didn't understand. I glanced at the clock momentarily seeing it was 8pm. "Um when does this party start" I asked and he just shrugged. "Everyone should be piling in by now and seen as she lives down the street I don't exactly wanna go home when it is just starting" I half smiled at him, "well feel free to um.. watch Tv then I guess, I am gonna go upstairs for a bit" he just nodded before looking down at his phone. I stood up glancing at him one last time before rushing upstairs. I walked into my room grabbing a towel and walking to my bathroom. 

I waited a while for the water to get hot before slipping my self under the pleasant water. I let it run over me for a while before washing my hair and my body and shaving my legs. I sighed not wanting to get out, but the hot water began running out so I hopped out. I grabbed my towel drying my body, the softness of the towel feeling nice against my freshly cleaned skin. I fastened my bra and pulled up my underwear just as the door burst open.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed, lunging out my hand to grab my towel and cover my body as Harry quietly swore and closed his eyes.

"I am so fucking sorry, I just needed a wee.." He grumbled but slightly smirking. "You can wipe that smug look of you Harold" I rolled my eyes wrapping the towel closer around my body so it wouldn't fall if I let go. "Can I move my hand" he sighed and as I answered he moved his hand, his smirk fell and his expression hardened at me and I realised my towel wasn't covering my stomach fully. "Did I do all that" he asked choking, obviously pointing out my bruises. I sighed pulling the towel up and pointing to the fading bruise he made. "You did that one" I shrugged like it didn't bother me. "And the others" he urged on and I bit my lip, "U-uh, I fell off my skateboard..." I lied and he shook his head, "Emily Warburton I know when you are lying" he grinned making me reflect it. "It doesn't matter anyway" I said casually, "You can wee now" I pointed out before turning on my heels and walking to my room to put on my clothes.

I went downstairs to see Harry sat with his head in his hands, he looked up as the floorboard creaked. "Care to tell me how you got those bruises" I sighed knowing he wasn't going to leave until he found out. "What to tell your little friends so you can torture me even more" I fired at him and he looked taken back. "Listen Em, I am sorry for bullying you and kneeing you in the stomach, I want us to be okay" I shook my head, "Harry I-I don't know if I can do that right now" I replied softly and his eyes softened at my tone. "Well you don't have to right now, let me prove to you I can make it up to you, I miss being friends and that's partly why I ran after you after I hurt you and came here today" I just nodded unsure of what else to say.

"Now can you tell me how you got those other bruises" he let out exasperatedly. I thought about it for a while, before giving in to his pleading looks. "My dad physically abuses me basically on a daily basis... I can handle it" I added to try make him forget it but his fists and claw clenched, "Your dad hits you? What the fuck?!" he shouted making me flinch back, "does your mum not do anything" he said a lot calmer, "She is too scared, so I survive on my own basically" I leaned back on he sofa just as Harry's hand gripped my thigh, "How long has this been going on" he sounded a bit upset, "Nearly 4 years but it got worse and worse as the years went on" his eyes widened, "You never told me?" he said in disbelief, "I didn't think it was that bad, a slap here and there, but after you ditched me, it got a lot worse, and yeah" his head dropped. "It isn't your fault Harry and I know you think it is.."

"I should have been there for you Emily.. and from now on, I am, and I promise that okay?"

I nodded and he moved his hand from my thigh, "please don't tell your friends Harry" I quietly begged and he looked towards me and sent a small nod my way. Before we sat in silence, picking at the left over nail varnish on my finger nails as he sat on his phone..