11

Harry's POV

I had my music drowning out the sound of my thoughts about leaving Emily alone with her dad. I was contemplating on whether I should turn round again, because who knows what he is capable of, especially since she just got out of hospital. 

My nerves caused my stomach to churn at the thought of him hurting her. I began gripping the wheel trying to force the thoughts away. When as if on queue Emily rang my phone. I didn't even car about safe driving at the minute. I reached for my phone and held it to my ear once I answered. And it was as if all the things I was scared of came true as I heard her whimper.

"H-Harry..." she cried into the phone and my eyes widened as my jaw clenched. "Em.. Are you okay?!" I rushed out and loud footsteps were heard. "P-please help me, he has been beating me and he just went to get a knife.. pl-"

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU ON THE PHONE TOO? EMILY YOU FUCKING SHIT GIVE IT HERE"

I loud slap was heard and all I heard was screaming. I threw the phone beside me, putting it on speaker. "Emily? Baby?? Please answer me" I pleaded as I slammed my feet on the gas to do a quick U turn to drive straight back to her house. 

"Dad... Please..." I heard quietly and she screamed again, my heart thumping against my ribcage as I went as fast as I can. I couldn't think straight.. I won't let anyone hurt her again. I skipped 2 stop lights before I sped down her road. The tyres of my car screeching against the tarmac as I skidded to a stop. I swung open my car door, not even bothering to shut it right now. I ran round to her front door and I could hear heavy breathing and Emily's helpless cries. I jiggled the door handle. Fucking locked. I pulled my hair back in frustration before stepping back and slamming my shoulder into the door. My heart rate picking up. I took a step back before connecting the bottom of my foot with the door. I did it one more time and it flew open.

The colour in my face drained as I saw fresh bruises appearing on Emily's face and arms. Her soft whimpers escaped her beautiful lips as she cowered away from her dad who was hovering above her.

"You better get the fuck outta here" Her dad growled looking directly at me. I stepped forward, coming face to face with her dad, we were a similar height but he was pissed off his head; I could tell because his eyes were bloodshot and his breath stunk of liquor. "No, how dare you hit a woman - ESPECIALLY YOUR FUCKING DAUGHTER" I growled. Emily's eyes glanced between her dad and I in fear but I stared directly at him. "Listen who the fuck are you, get out before you get it too" he scoffed, but before he knew it my hands gripped his collar, making my knuckles painfully white as I shoved him against the wall. "I am your daughter's boyfriend and I love her to death and I won't let you touch her like that... EVER" I snarled before he laughed evilly. "Who would love her, she is a waste of space, waste of a life." he sniggered making my blood boil and I heard Emily whimper. "She isn't and never will be a waste of a life, she takes my breath away every day, she isn't a low life abuser like her father" He swung to punch me, but his actions were sloppy and lazy due to the alcohol flooding his veins. My fist connected with his jaw and then his stomach before I dropped him to the floor. My fists repeatedly connecting with his face.

"HARRY PLEASE... S-STOP" I heard a quiet voice, causing my head to perk up and I saw Emily trying to sit herself up. I rushed over, lifting her into my arms as she gripped my shirt, both of us looking down at her dad's limp body. "Let's go" I breathed, my focus all on her, as I rushed out of her house shutting the door. I carefully placed her into the passenger seat, before rushing to the driver side. Slipping myself inside, I turned on the engine and backed out of her driveway to the destination of my home.

I looked over at Emily, tears trickling down her bruised cheeks. "Baby" I cooed as I gripped her hand causing her to let out a loud sob.

I pulled up to my house, rushing round to her side and lifting her into my arms once again. I was able to unlock the front door, before shutting it with my foot. My mum gasped slightly as Emily whimpered and I shook her off before rushing Emily up to my bathroom. I swung open the door, before setting her down on the counter.

I looked into her bloodshot and tired eyes, before I ran my thumbs under them removing the tears. She immediately relaxed into my touch, letting out a long exhale of breath. I grabbed some heat patches and ointment for the forming bruises, gently placing them over each one. She let out a soft sigh of relief causing a small smile to play at my lips. I love the feeling of taking care of her - it's always been my job too. She held up her arms and I stood between her legs lifting her up by her bum as she wrapped her legs around my waist. Her arms slithered around my neck and she smiled weakly before planting a soft kiss to my lips. I kissed her back as I carried her into my room. I dropped her carefully onto my bed before pulling the duvet over her and sliding in beside her.

"You said you were my boyfriend.." she muttered blushing causing me to blush crimson as well. "Um, well that's if you want me to be.." I answered shyly causing a smile to break out across her bruised yet beautiful face. "You haven't asked" she played leaning closer to me. "Will you be my girlfriend Emily Warburton" I grinned causing her to instinctively lean in and cup my face as she deepened our kiss. We pulled away breathlessly, both of us wide eyed and smiling. "I love you" she blurted out, "so much.. thank you for saving me" I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her into my side. "I guess that makes up for the 2 years huh?" I joked and she buried her head into my chest as her breathing slowed down. "I promise this time, I won't leave you, I can't now and I won't let anyone touch you" I swore on my life as she hummed, glancing up at me appreciatively, "and I love you too" I smiled softly as her eyes fluttered closed after today's events.

I ran my fingers through her soft brown locks until her mouth fell open slightly signalling she had fallen asleep peacefully within my arms. My door opened slightly and my mum walked in, a warm smile on her face. "I let her mum know something was wrong and that she was here" she informed and I nodded looking over my shoulder glancing down at the peaceful girl in my arms. "You two friends again" my mum whispered excitedly. "More than that" I answered proudly and my mum's eyes widened. "Wait you mean you two are.." her eyes widened happily. "Yes, I asked her before, I love her mum" I grinned looking at Emily. My mum jumped quietly like a little girl getting her favourite new doll. "I can tell she loves you too Harry. I knew you two would be together some day" she told me truthfully making fireworks erupt in my stomach. "Anyway, I'll leave you two to rest, I can tell it has been a long day" I nodded before she walked out, leaving me and Emily to sleep. I rested my head on the pillow careful not to wake her, before my eyes fluttered shut too as I fell asleep, along side the love of my life.