8

Harry's POV -

I watched as they beat her up, and I didn't do anything...

I broke my promise, she's going to hate me even more.

"Did you see her bloody shoulder, I wonder who hates her too" Jake laughed venomously making me cringe. "I know right, well she is bleeding more now, let's hope she takes our advice to kill herself" Robin replied, all the boys surrounding me broke into laughter.

"Hey guys," I tried my best to fake a smile. "My mum asked me to go pick her up some shopping, I'll see you tomorrow yeah" they all nodded, mumbling goodbyes as I walked back the opposite way.

The thing is, I wasn't going to the shop, I had to check on her, they beat her up badly. They noticed I wasn't joining in, so I faintly kicked her in the stomach. I hated seeing her in pain. We never decided on actually hitting her. But here we are.

I rushed down the Ally seeing blood on the floor, but no Emily. My stomach churned, as my heart rate picked up. I rushed out the ally, suddenly becoming worried because of the state we left her in. I ran across the street, through the park calling her name.

"Emily??" I called out over and over again. I ran to the back of the park, where most of the trees were close together. I heard faint whimpers to my right which is where I immediately ran.

My heart broke once I saw the brunette girl. Her shirt now red, full of blood. Her head between her knees and she rocked herself back and forth crying.

"Em... Emily please look at me" I pleaded, she began to lift her head but soon a horrible scream was released from her lip. A scream full of sadness but mostly pain. She stopped and screamed again. My eyes widening realising something was really wrong.

I took no time to put on arm under her legs and the other under her arms to lift her against my chest. Her cries were louder and I didn't know what to do.

"Emily, please tell me what's wrong" I almost cried, she didn't reply and she just held her head. She stopped crying and she suddenly fell limp in my arms. It felt like the world stopped around me. I ran, I ran to the closest shop possible.

"PLEASE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" I nearly screamed. My voice was croaky as a woman behind the till asked me what was wrong as she spoke into the phone.

"She.. She was beaten up and bleeding and she passed out" I explained. She nodded at me telling the person on the phone. "They'll be here in 5 minutes" she informed me before bringing a damp cloth around from the back and placing it on Emily's forehead. "Sweetie" she put her hand on my shoulder, "your girlfriend will be fine" my heart broke, she wasn't my girlfriend. But ever since I met her, I wished she was.

I couldn't form a sentence to reply so I just nodded and soon enough, sirens were heard and paramedics ran in lifting Emily onto a stretcher. I had hold of her small hand the whole way. I wasn't leaving her side. Not after this.

We arrived at the hospital and they rushed her in for X Ray's. I was in the waiting room and soon Emily's mum, April, rushed in tears falling down her cheeks as she begged to see her. I stood up and she noticed me. She jogged towards me and I pulled her into a hug. "Harry, wh-what happened" she cried, "some guys from school beat her up. I saw her crying in the park.." I explained, partly lying. "I thought you two weren't close anymore.." She added and I gulped squeezing my eyes shut. "I wish that didn't happen. I still care about her, that's why I'm here" she nodded as she pulled away, wiping under her eyes. "I have to go back to surgery, come find me if anything happens" I nodded telling her I would before she rushed off.

I sat on one of the plastic chairs and soon enough more fast footsteps were heard rushing down the corridor. I looked up to see Anna's hand interlocked with Liam's and they both spotted me. Liam gritted his teeth and Anna tried to pull him back but before I knew it Liam had me up against the wall; shouting in my face.