15

Harry and I had gotten changed and we were sat on his bed. Him on his phone while I flicked through the multiple channels that mainly showed cooking shows and kiddie cartoons.

"Harold" I grumbled, turning to look at him. He barely even acknowledged me making me frown as he kept his gaze on his phone screen. "Harrryyyyyyy" I sang leaning closer to his face. "Guess who's boreddddd?" I carried on singing as he payed no attention to me. I leant in to kiss his cheek to try gain his attention but as my lips were about to collide with him cheek, he turned his head quickly so my lip connected with his soft, plump ones.

"Hi baby" he chuckled, a big grin attached to his face. "I'm bored!" I whined exasperatedly causing him to shake his head in amusement. "What would you like to do then hm" he asked, cocking his head to the side. "I don't know" I pouted and his poked my bottom lip with his index finger. "Stop pouting - how about.. We go to Starbucks?" I nodded eagerly as he tossed his phone onto the duvet of his bed and he stood up pulling his converse on. I sneakily grabbed his phone, unlocking it and I began taking loads of selfies like an ultimate weirdo.

"You should put your black converse on we could match and -" as Harry spun around he rolled his eyes and I pulled my hand up to do a piece sign around my eye and pout. "How many have you taken?" He chuckled, grabbing his phone from my hands. "Maybe fifty" I smirked standing up to put my shoes on. "They're all going on Facebook love" he teased and I shook my head vigorously. "No! Please I'll delete them. I purposely took ugly ones" he scrolled through the selfies as I blushed pink. "This one is adorable" he held the phone in front of me, my eyes were squeezed shut, small wrinkles appearing in the outside corners, a huge smile plastered across my face. I shook my head immediately, "no it isn't, look at the wrinkles and oh god my smile" I cringed and he shook his head and began tapping away on his screen.

"It's my new wallpaper" he winked. Making me roll my eyes.

We walked down the stairs to see Anne and Robin huddled up on the sofa. Holding my mum close by as she rubbed her stomach.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked concerned and she shook her head tiredly. "I took a few days off, I threw up this morning and I don't feel too good" she informed, her eyes closing. "Okay, well Harry and I are going out" I said quietly and Anne and Robin nodded before Harry gripped my hand and pulled me from the house. We walked to his car and he unlocked the doors for us both to get in. I fastened my seatbelt and turned on the radio, plugging my phone into the aux chord as Harry sat in his seat.

"Oh god, not your rubbish music" he teased making me roll my eyes and I scrolled through my many songs, clicking on Jamie Lawson - Cold in Ohio. I grinned as the song started and began singing, as Harry just shook his head chuckling. "It's cold in New York City, with that north wind blowing through..." I sang softly as I looked towards Harry, and he began swinging his head side to side getting into the song. It soon ended and I smirked at Harry, "You liked the song, don't deny it" I giggled as he just shrugged. "It wasn't bad..-" Black Veil Brides - In the End began playing and Harry began tapping his hand on the wheel. "-This is my kinda song" he grinned before singing to the song loudly, making me laugh until my stomach was in knots. "In the end, as we fade into the night!!" he yelled loudly as I head banged to the song, people most likely giving us weird looks from their cars and the sidewalks.

We pulled up to Starbucks, and Harry turned off the engine as I unplugged my phone. I climbed out the car and Harry ran around to meet me on the concrete of the pavement. He looked down at me smiling before wrapping his hand around my shoulder and instinctively, my arm followed and went around his waist. We walked through the doors, the smell of coffee blocking my senses. We walked up to the counter and I ordered my grande caramel frappecino and Harry ordered his latte. "I don't know how you drink those all year around" he chuckled as we collected our drinks and walked to the small booth in the corner of the room. "They're great" I grinned and he shook his head amused. "I have never tried one." He said nonchalantly making my eyes widen before shoving my straw near his lips; he took a sip of my drink and his lips quirked up slightly. "Not bad, but I prefer my latte" and I just giggled pulling my drink back and taking a sip. "I hate milky coffee" Harry just chuckled as he glanced around the room.

I looked up and his smile had vanished and he had his icy glare held on something behind me. "Haz, babe?" I furrowed my eyebrows before turning my head to look over my shoulder. In that moment, it felt like all my nightmares had become true. My dad's eyes widened and he immediately began moving my way. I slid back in my seat, trying to get further away. Before I knew it, he had reached the table, but was face to face with Harry; who without me acknowledging had gotten up in front of me to protect me.

"Emily.." my dad breathed. He was sober, for the first time in 4 years around me. His eyes glassed over and he broke down in the middle of Starbucks, making my heart ache, but I didn't move. 

"Gary...." Harry growled my dad's name as a few people turned to stare. "Harry..." I stood up behind his, my hand rubbing small circles on his back to make him relax. I may be too nice for my own good and what I was about to say, may be the best choice of my life, kind of, or the my worst choice.

"Let him sit with us and say what he wants to say.."

After Harry tried to protest for a few minutes, he gave up as I pouted at him and his features softened. He sat beside me in the booth and my dad sat in front of us: his hands in his lap, his steaming cup of tea on the table to his left, his eyes locked on the wooden table in front of him. "Dad.." I began and he looked up, his eyes full of sadness and guilt, the kind I saw in Harry when he came back to me. "Emily, I am so sorry..." he whimpered and once again, Harry and I were taken aback. "Wh-what?" I gasped quietly. "I-I have been such a shi- terrible father to you and husband to April... I don't know why... I can't come up with an excuse for my behavior.. I know.. I do not deserve a second chance, from either of you... But I want to try again, sweetheart, I may not have shown it b-but I love you, so much, as my only child.. I should have spoiled you with love and affection, not abuse and bruises. P-please give me another go, I will get help. I will not drink.." he went quiet looking at me, pleadingly as Harry's hand squeezed mine.

"I love you Dad, but you have a lot of work to do, to make it up to mum and I" I said softly. "I know and I will do what it takes, after you never came home and your mum left, I realised that I was losing what I needed most in life.. my family." Harry's mouth opened and I looked up at my curly boy. "Gary, you know what you did to her right." My dad shook his head softly, looking into my saddened eyes. I climbed over Harry's lap and held out my hand to stand in front of me.

"Dad, I want you to see what you did, to learn from your mistakes." I faced towards the light, to show the still fading bruises on my face. His fingers raised to my face and I flinched back and I saw his heart shatter. "I-I won't hurt you love.." he promised, I nodded my head, allowing his fingers to brush against my cheeks and jaw. "and these..." I lifted up my top slightly, to show the bruises covering my ribs and stomach and he winced away. "And this.." I dropped my top down before pulling the sleeve down on my shoulder to reveal the still healing gashes on my shoulder he made with a smashed beer bottle. "Oh my baby.." He cried before enveloping me in a tight hug. I stood frozen for a minute before slowly wrapping my arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. He pulled back and kissed my forehead and I saw Harry shuffle awkwardly to his feet.

"I will speak to your mother tomorrow... I will see you soon, love you" he spoke gently, rubbing my forearm before finishing his drink and leaving Starbucks. 

I looked up at Harry who's eyes watched my father leave the room. I lifted my hand to caress his cheek and that caused his gaze to land in mine. "Baby, are you sure about giving him another chance?" I stared into Harry's eyes and nodded and he leaned down to give my lips a chaste, yet loving kiss. "You're too nice for your own good.." he chuckled causing a bright smile to fall upon my face. "You love me.." I smirked and he nodded vigorously. "I am madly in love with you" He whispered causing my heart to flutter. "And I am truly in love with you." I replied.