14

I must have fallen asleep because I felt myself being lifted off the sofa and a few whispers surrounding me.

"When her face is more relaxed the bruises are so prominent.. I can't believe I let it go on this long" I could hear my mum's cracked voice and her light sobs as I was held in two strong arms. "She probably hates me.." I tried to stay asleep, forcefully attempting to stop my eyes from widening. "April, Emily loves you" I heard Harry's soft, comforting voice and my lips curved up slightly. "I love her so much, thank you for everything Harry, I don't know what she'd do without you" my mum said barely above a whisper and I felt her soft fingers trace along my arm. "I don't know what I'd do without your daughter, anyway it's late, so we should all head to bed."

"Oh Harry" I recognised Anne's voice, "your school's closed tomorrow due to a teacher strike" I mentally fist bumped the air. "Okay, night guys" everyone muttered a goodnight, the patter of 3 sets of feet heading up the stairs.

I heard a door close and light kisses we're peppered over my face, leaving each spot tingly for a few seconds. "Emmmillyyyyy" Harry sang softly into my ear and I shifted in his arms, opening my eyes, meeting his warm gaze and his toothy grin. "Come on you have to get ready for bed" I nodded tiredly. I couldn't be bothered hiding from Harry as I got changed, I was too tired. I stripped off my skirt and pulled on some 3/4 length leggings, and began to pull my top off, my back facing Harry. "Emily, do you want me to go somewhere else" he asked awkwardly but I could tell he was smiling. "I am comfortable around you Harry, plus I can't be bothered, we are dating after all" I shrugged unhooking the clasp of my bra before I felt Harry's bare chest press up against my bare back, he pressed soft open mouth kisses along my shoulder up the curve of my neck and stopped at my jawline. He took the shirt I stole from him out of my hands and lifted it over my hand, I was thankful it was dark to hide my oncoming blush. "Thank you" I muttered turning around and burying my head in his chest. "I love you" I added looking up seeing his eyes light up. "I love you too" I grabbed his hand pulling him into his bathroom. I passed him his toothbrush and I held mine in my mouth before I slowly began brushing my teeth. "You're still tired?" He tried to say as normal as possible and I just nodded. We both spat out our toothpaste and I trudged back into Harry's room and rolled onto his bed pulling the covers up to my chin and signing in relief.

"Can I not get in my bed?" Harry chuckled and I pulled the covers back for him to climb in. "You're welcome" I mumbled rolling onto his chest and locking my hand with his. "Oh I appreciate you letting me in my bed" he muttered sarcastically, his breathing slowing down. "Shhhh" I hushed him, smiling slightly. And suddenly it all went quiet. Our breathing in sync as I felt his heart beat against my cheek, sending me into a deep slumber.

I woke up and saw the time on Harry's bedside desk. It read 8:45am and I suddenly panicked shaking Harry next to me. "Oh my god Haz!! We're late" I tried to sit up until I was pulled back down into his warm grasp, his head nuzzling against my collar bone. "HARRY" I almost screamed until his hand pressed against my mouth. "We have a day off, now will you shut up" he smiled through his words, his eyes not opening and I breathed out rolling my eyes. I lay back down, my back facing Harry and I was an arms width away from him, lay in my normal ball under the covers.

I heard Harry groan and begging shuffling around. "Harry, will you stay still" I grumbled trying to fall back to sleep. "Babbbyyyy I need you next to me to fall asleep" he whined. "I am next to you" I said, sarcasm dripping in my tone as I giggled. "Not close enough" my breath caught in my throat as Harry pulled me towards him, my back against his chest, his arm now holding my waist, while his face buried itself into my hair. "Much better" he sighed and he began snoring again. I shook my head smiling like an idiot, before sitting up unable to fall asleep.

"Emily, lye down" Harry groaned again. "I can't fall back to sleep now" I yawned wiping my eyes. "Urgh fine I'll get up" Harry gave in, sitting up and resting his chin on my shoulder as he yawned. "Hey your bruises are fading" he said happily and I turned my head to look at him. "That's good then" I grinned before standing up and stretching. I felt Harry's palm connect with my bum making me squeal. "Heyyyy" I smirked rubbing where his hand connected. "I saw the chance and I took it" he smiled innocently. "Oohh I smell my mumma's bacon" I sniffed the scent of my mum's beautiful bacon and Harry was soon beside me. "Let's goo"

We raced down the stairs and some how I ended up being flung over Harry's shoulder, laughing uncontrollably as he walked into the kitchen. "Alright calm down you two" my mum giggled as Harry dropped me to my feet. I turned to face my mum as she placed 5 plates of bacon on the breakfast bar. I looked at the 5th plate confused, one for me, one for Harry, one for Anne and one for my mum.. Gemma was at university?

"Robin's home" my mum sensed my confusion and Harry smiled happily. I stalked over to my mum, both of us the same height, I was the tiniest bit taller now and I wrapped my arms tightly around her shoulder and she hugged me back just as tight. "I love you mum" I smiled against her shoulder. "I really do mum, don't ever doubt that" she breathed gently and pulled me back to look at my face. "I love you more sweetheart" she kissed my cheek gently.

I picked up my plate and sat beside Harry, my mum opposite us. "Morning everyone" Anne smiled lazily with Robin trailing behind. "Harry Lad" he grinned wrapping one arm around Harry's broad shoulders hugging him tightly. "Hi dad" Harry said with a mouthful of bacon earning a playful scowl from Anne. "Morning mum" he sent a toothy grin towards Anne which she returned. "Morning Robin" I greeted Harry's step dad kindly and he nodded in return. "Hi love" he replied before sitting down with all of us and eating his breakfast.

A/N this was just a sweet filler chapter - not too many left now❤️
- Katie xx