9

I woke up to the slow rising and falling of the surface beneath my head. I angled my head upwards and saw the familiar set of curls I didn't think I would see this close every again.

Absentmindedly, my fingers reached up and began playing with the soft ends of his hair. I smiled slightly at his relaxed state. His arm moved slightly underneath my shoulder. I looked down at it seeing it relax it's movement again. But when I looked up my eyes locked with his green irises. I blushed as he looked over to my fingers still wrapped in the ends of his hair. He smiled tiredly before looking back down at me, his smile slightly falling but not fully diminishing it. 

"Hey Em" he yawned and I grinned up at him. "Morning" I muttered. Harry lifted his hand from behind his head and brought it down to my face. He ran the soft pad of his thumb along my jaw and my cheek bone, before landing on the outside of my eye socket. I winced away and he looked at me sadly. "Is it a black eye" I asked sitting up slightly, he nodded answering my question and I tried to lighten to mood slightly. "I guess I could pass off as being from the grunge era" I giggled but Harry looked down unamused. "Harold, what's up?" I poked his cheek where his dimples would normally show but they were hiding away. "This is all my fault... I-I" I shook my head, "It isn't, you don't have to explain" but he placed his index finger on my bottom lip playfully. "Let me talk blabber mouth" I rolled my eyes before crossing my arms against his chest and resting my chin on my overlapping wrist. "Okay.. 2 years ago.. I went to a party and I didn't tell you because you didn't like them. I hit it off with them, and I guess being the childish person I was, when they said they thought you were ugly and stuff, I went along with it because it was my big shot at being popular. But there was another reason I can't exactly tell you yet.. But anyway, I felt bad for weeks on end, and I didn't have the power or control to stop myself.. I never planned on ever physically hurting you, especially after I found out about your dad.. But when they did it, I thought it would help me trying to deal with the other reason I can't tell you yet.. But then I promised you and I couldn't bring myself to hit you when they ganged up on you yesterday... A-and when you told them to just kill you, my heart broke, seeing the physical and the emotional pain I mainly caused when I should have been protecting you... I am really sorry Em.." I saw tears build up in his beautiful eyes and tears began building up in mine. "Emily, please don't cry, you're too pretty to cry" I giggled as his thumb caught the tear that leaked from my eye. "I forgive you Harry, just don't leave me again, I can't go through that again" Harry shook his head rapidly, "Never again love, never"

We had been sat catching up for a couple of hours as the doctor and nurses - including my mum- walked in and out of the room, checking if everything had stabilised and I was ready to go home. 

I was finally detached from the multiple tubes and Harry let me get changed into some clean clothes.

"You missed a day of school" I chuckled as I walked back into the room. I looked over at Harry, his legs crossed over each other as he leant against the headboard on his phone. "I am not really arsed" he spoke, not taking his eyes off his phone. I stuck my tongue out at him while he wasn't paying attention, "Hazzzzzzz" I groaned, and he still didn't look up. I jogged over to the bed, diving onto his lap making him jump. "JESUS EMILY" I giggled as he held his heart over dramatically. "Hi" I booped his nose and he smiled, "you're so clingyyy" he mumbled, rolling his eyes playfully, "Fine, I'll leave" I jumped off the bed, crossing my arms and walking towards the door. Before I knew it Harry's strong arms wrapped around my waist making me giggle before throwing me back down onto the bed. "Listen Missy, you can't leave yet, doctor's orders" Harry smirked. I tried to get up again but he grabbed my wrists and pushed me back down against the mattress, a struggled giggle passed my lips. 

I stared into his eyes, as his flickered from mine to my lips. He looked like he was fighting himself over something, and I guess he got so distracted he let my hands slip from his grasp. I didn't really know what I was going to do, but I did it..

My small hands cupped his warm cheeks as I pulled his face down, our lips only a few millimetres apart. "Ha-" before I could ask if he was okay with this, his lips crashed against mine, his hands travelling down my sides before his fingers pressed into my waist. My hands instinctively went up his neck and I tugged on the ends of his hair, earning a small moan to escape from his heart shaped lips.

Sadly, a knocking at the door caused Harry to jump off me just in time as the door opened. 

"Hey Em and -" Liam's eyes swapped between Harry and I and he seemed slightly confused. "Harry stayed with me, we're okay now" I smiled nervously. "More than okay" I heard Harry mutter in my ear, and I could hear his smirk - so I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Where's Anna?" I asked hugging Liam tightly. "She is waiting in the car, I totally forgot we made reservations for our da-" My eyes widened and he blushed. I swatted his arm with my hand, glaring at him playfully. "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU TWO WERE DATING!" I squealed in excitement. "Well we are, ANYWAYY, bye Emmm" he sang before waving and walking out quickly. 

I went to turn around, and as soon as I did Harry's lips were on mine once again, he pushed me roughly against the door. His arms slung around my waist as my arms went around his neck increasing the proximity between us.

"This was the other reason I hurt you Em..."