7

"Keep it well rested" I yelled from the window of my car as Anna waved closing the door. I had just dropped her off home after my mum put a small support on her wrist to help keep the fracture steady.

I was driving back to school, just in time for lunch, a bit worried about Liam seen as I left him there just after a small fight with Harry's friends.

I sighed pulling up into the car park. A few students jotted here and there, eating on the front field with their small groups of friends. I grabbed my phone and my back pack, slinging it over my small shoulder as I climbed out of my car. I made sure I locked the doors before I slowly strolled back into the building. The corridors were quite empty, as voices from the canteen echoed along the walls.

My main aim was to find Liam, I walked into the canteen, no one really noticing me as I stood on my tip toes to try get a better view. Liam wasn't at our usual table and the only other place we would sit and each lunch would be outside by this large tree which gives us shade. 

I wandered outside until I spotted him, he was sat on his phone and he suddenly lifted it to his ear and then my phone began vibrating. I let out a breathy chuckle as I stood watching him before pulling out my phone.

"Hi Lii" I said cheerfully taking small, slow steps towards him. "Hey where are you, you said you would be back for lunch" I giggled when he sounded quite sad, "it's not funny, I'm alone, with no one to share my skittles with." I rolled my eyes and stopped walking for a second. "Well Mr Payne, if you look to your right, you will see a short brunette girl on the phone with a loner" his head perked up as soon as I spoke those words. He quickly hung up and we both sprinted to each other, engulfing each other in a hug.

"Yay, I'm not alone" he breathed making me chuckle as my arms hung loosely around his neck. "Now you were speaking of skittles" I muttered and he pulled away rolling his eyes. "Come on, you skittle crazed woman" I giggled following suit before taking a seat beside Liam, both of us eating our lunch and sharing skittles. "How is Anna" he asked quite concerned, "she is fine, she just needs to rest her fractured wrist" I spoke but Liam's jaw clenched. "I can't believe Jake and Robin actually hit a girl" I sighed slightly as Liam spoke as if Anna was the first girl they had hit. He must have caught on because suddenly his eyes turned to me sympathetically, "I mean hit girls, I'm sorry" I smiled weakly. "Don't worry, I am used to it" I mumbled before I began picking at the grass awkwardly. "Em.." he trailed and I turned to him, shaking my head as I smiled. "Don't worry, I can tell you to like each other, I mean like like each other" I smirked making Liam blush, "And if I do? So what.." he defended making me smile from ear to ear. "Oh my god LIAM AND ANNA SITTING IN A TREE" he quickly put his hand over my mouth trying to mask his embarrassment before his eyes trailed onto my obvious blood stained shoulder.

"Emily, what the fuck is that?" he cringed, I knew he didn't like the sight of blood. "I didn't have time to change my shirt" I sighed. "Well, here take my hoodie and now explain what happened" I groaned pulling the hoodie onto my arms to cover up my shoulder. "Emily Warburton tell me right now" he spoke sternly. "My dad was drunk last night, he slapped my mum because she tried to defend me when he called me a slut, then he came over to me when I tried to defend myself he smashed a beer bottle onto the door and pressed it against my shoulder, and then he punched and kicked me again." I explained and Liam's face softened before he pulled me into a hug. His comfort made me realise what a state my dad puts me in and I couldn't hold up the barrier of strength any longer and I let it crumble, and slowly I cried onto Liam's shoulder as he rubbed my back.

After finally stabilising my mental state, Liam ended up making me giggle and crack a smile just before the bell went for next period.

The day seemed to go by slowly, a few people noticing my red eyes but not bothering to try comfort me, which I am used to.

I was finally going home, but I decided to walk into town before driving home. 

"Thanks" I smiled as the young cashier behind the till of starbucks handed me my change before I waited for my caramel frappecino. I kindly thanked the boy who brought me by drink before I walked out. I was walking back to school to drive home.

I heard low speaking behind me, making my breathing uneven. I sped up my walk but the chuckles and voice began getting closer. I must look like I am practically running now. 

"HEY FLOOZY WAIT UP WE JUST WANT A CHAT" 

I recognised all their voices before their footsteps began catching up. Before I could make a bolt across the road I was shoved in an ally, my heart rate picking up as they all towered above me while I backed up to the wall.

"Hi Warburton" Jake's voice rang like poison. "Wh-what do you want..." I muttered unable to form long sentences. "To teach you a lesson" Robin said cracking his knuckles to intimidate me. I looked at all the quite familiar faces when my eyes landed on the curly haired boy. He looked down to avoid my eye contact and I knew he wasn't planning on helping me.

I let out a whimper as they ripped off the hoodie Liam gave me. "Oh look, someone already decided to make her bleed before us" Robin spat chuckling pointing at my bloody shoulder. "P-please just let me go..." I cried out quietly but Jake's foot came in contact with my shoulder, causing more blood to come gushing out. 

Before I knew it, all their fists were connecting with any part of my body they can reach. I was crying now, I attempted to stand up but I was pushed back down with such a force that my head smashed against the concrete beneath me causing my vision to become blurred.

"FOR FUCK SAKE JUST KILL ME" I screamed causing them all to stop and smirk down at my limp body at their feet. "Hopefully you will do it for us to cause less trouble" Jake smirked high fiving one of the boys behind him. My eyes fluttered shut as their foot steps began walking further and further away...

I must have been out for a good 10 or so minutes before I pulled myself up off the cold ground. The tears cascaded down my cheeks. I was oblivious to everything in my tired and broken state. I didn't know where I was going or why. I just walked. As the blood carried on gushing from my shoulder and the small cut above my eye brow. My head banging making me scream and cry a lot louder. The bruised surely now covering my whole body.

I didn't want this anymore. Please, end this here.