Chapter Five.

*Vic's POV*
I was in the hotel room, sitting on the bed when I received a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Good evening, is this Victor Fuentes?"

"Yes, it's me."

"My name is Patrick Stump, I am your parent's testator."

"Testator? You mean... The person who makes the testaments or last will?"

"Precisely. I was informed about your parent's death and I'm sorry for your loss. I have to meet up with you to talk about their last will, is it possible for you to come to California?"

Thinking about going back to Cali with no family to come home to made my chest feel tight. The thought of going on a plane didn't help either but what were the odds of me dying in a plane crash too?

"I'll take the first flight to California as soon as possible. I'll let you know when I'll arrive."

"I look forward to seeing you, Mr. Fuentes."

And with that, I hung up and went on my phone to search for the first flight leaving Texas. Luckily there someone cancelled their flight so I was able to take their spot for the afternoon take off. I couldn't take everything with me since I was going to have to come back, so I decided to ask my old friend, Curtis, if he could hold on to some things while I was gone. I checked the hotel clock, it's 10pm, he should still be awake.

"Hey! Wassup-"

"Peoples? Hey buddy, can-"

"I'm not available right now, feel free to leave a message or call back later!"

I sighed. I guess I would have to call him in the morning since he didn't pick up. It felt so strange, one moment I was home with Danielle, waiting for my parents to arrive and the next I lose my parents and now I have no girlfriend- although that was the least of my problems. I laid down on the white, queen-sized bed, letting myself sink into it. I stared at the ceiling, was this all really happening?

"What if this is all a bad dream? A nightmare?" I thought outloud.

I felt everything around me. Nope, everything was real alright. I took off my clothes, keeping on only a tshirt and boxers. I pulled up the blanket over me, hoping to forget everything for a while.

"To live is just to fall asleep, to die is to awaken," I said sadly and turned off the bedside lamp.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Ughhh this sucks so bad but I had to update. It's 3:30am so sorry if it's confusing. Anyway, I hope everyone had a happy new year! Being Mexican and all, I've had to attend a lot of family parties and whatnot so I haven't been able to update sooner. Also, please leave a comment or read my other Kellic fanfic called, "The Painter." Thanks!