Chapter Twelve.

I thanked them for their hospitality as they drove me home. I asked to go home because I couldn't handle being there anymore, the picture I saw in their living room haunted my mind. He looked so happy, so innocent. Why did life have to take the best people?

Once inside my house I realized it still looked like a mess but I didn't have the strength to move boxes around since I still had headaches that would come and go. I thought about visiting my family at the cemetery but the thought of Kellin being there too terrified me.

I stood up straight, "I won't let anyone stop me from visiting them, even if it's a stupid ghost."

I headed out and prepared myself for the fifteen minute walk to the cemetery. Once I was at their graves, I told them- and no, I'm not insane, it's perfectly normal to still talk to your loved ones after they passed away- what had happened to me. I imagined my brother calling me an idiot, my father giving me a lecture, and my mom being the overprotective person she was.

I told them about Kellin, explaining to them what had happened.

"You got it right for the most part," I nearly screamed when I saw who was sitting quietly a few feet away from me.

"W-What are y-you doing here?" I felt like I was going to have a heartattack at the pace my heart was beating.

"I don't know," he mumbled, "I thought you would've liked some company."

Now I knew what Austin was talking about, he really was a sweetheart. Even as a ghost, he was friendly but I still couldn't forget how menacing he sounded at the hospital.

"Why are you haunting me?" I blurted.

He looked confused, "I'm not haunting you, no one has seen me until you came along."

"... what?"

"I've gone unnoticed for four years but I've always been around everyone. It gets lonely here at the cemetery since most people died of natural causes, their spirits get to go rest in peace. When I first saw you I was surprised that you noticed me, I panicked."

"Are you telling me that the spirits of people who die unexpectedly still roam the earth?"

"Well, I didn't exactly say that, what I meant to say was-"

"Mamá? Papá? Mikey?" I started to call out, what if I could see them too? I felt like he just gave me the greatest news of my life, I didn't feel terrified anymore, more like desperate to find my family even if they were in ghost form.

"I-It doesn't work like that."

I looked back at him, "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, there aren't really rules in the afterlife but I have a theory. I think only people who's murderers weren't captured can't rest in peace until someone finds them. At least, that's what I think for my situation..."

He could be right, even though my family's death was more of an accident than the imprudence of a drunk driver, I was at least glad that they would be resting in peace.

"Why do you follow me? I saw you in the hospital, outside my house, even inside my house."

"It's a selfish reason but I wanted someone to talk to. Since you're the only one who can see me and hear me, I thought you wouldn't find out about what happened to me but you did."

He sounded so sad, I couldn't imagine myself being unable to communicate with anyone for four years, it would drive me insane.

"Can't, um, ghosts," I struggled to say it outloud, "Move things around or something? Can you write messages or something like that?"

"Well, it works something like that but I would need an immense amount of energy. I get the energy from the way I died which is car accidents. I sort of took energy from you... sorry about that. I didn't mean for you to pass out."

Instead of feeling scared, I felt annoyed, "Why'd you take my energy? I had to sleep for an entire day."

"I thought I might need it someday," he looked down at his folded hands.

This was all too much to take in. Here I am, talking to someone who died four years ago in a cemetery. People would think that I'm schizophrenic and I would end up in a mental hospital. I didn't know what to do, should I just let Kellin follow me around? Should I move back to San Diego? I didn't know.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
It's a small chapter but I hope you guys like it :) please comment what you think so far! *insert what I usually say here* thanks, guys!