Chapter Twenty.

*Vic's POV*
"We can't just go to them, it's like going straight into a fire! There has to be some other way..."

"Vic, Jaime and I used to be great friends, I can't just leave him with those people. He's an idiot, he doesn't know better which is why he chose the wrong people to free you from the malevolent ghost," Kellin raised his hands and made quotation marks.

"So we're just going straight to them with no kind of plan or defense? You're insane, Kellin Quinn."

"I'm going, you're staying. I'm already dead, what could happen?"

"They deal with ghosts like you, they could hurt you. We don't know what they're capable of," he wasn't getting it, he was a hardheaded ghost but then it donned to me that there could be a reason why he wanted to go to them, "There must be another reason why you want to go to them alone."

He sighed, "I was... I was kind of hoping they could free me, walk me to the light or something, I dunno," he mumbled, "But for now, I have to get Jaime, stay here."

I was going to argue but I knew it was pointless, "Fine, I'll wait here," I sat back down.

He sighed in relief, "I'll be back, I promise."

*Kellin's POV*
I gave him one last smile before leaving, I knew I wasn't going to return but it was easier this way. My soul for Jaime's, that was the deal.

I felt pulled towards them, so that was the way I went. They had headed out farther out, away from the cemetery and into the woods. Vic's words kept wandering my mind, he said he needed me; he said he loved me. I loved him too but it was impossible for us to be together, my best option was to let these "spiritualists" take me away... away from Vic.

I finally saw them, standing side by side with an unconscious Jaime lying on the grass. There was a small campfire since it had gotten dark, letting the flames illuminate them.

"Ah, we knew you'd come, very wise decision," Ash said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just get this over with, free Jaime and you can have me, just like we agreed to," I muttered.

"Oo, what a feisty little one," she laughed.

They moved to the side and revealed a pentagram, "Please, step inside," he gestured.

I cautiously walked towards it and put one leg inside. Once I saw that it did me no damage, I stepped fully inside.

"Now, let Jaime go, you have what you wanted," I seethed.

"What a spicy attitude, you're going to taste splendid," he licked his lips.

"Wait, what?" Panic filled every inch of my body.

Ash walked over to me, "Oh, honey, did you really think we'd free this fool? Why should we? He's an imbecile, useless to this world," she took out a dagger, "We'd only be doing everyone a favor."

She walked over to Jaime, circling him like a vulture. I tried to run out but I couldn't, it was some kind of barrier that wouldn't let me escape.

"Leave him alone!" I pleaded, "Aren't I enough?"

She looked over to Chris, "My lord needs souls like you to feed on. As you can see, he's very, very hungry. You're not enough to satisfy him but Jaime should suffice."

"What the hell are you talking about? You're insane!" I yelled.

"Don't you see? You're looking at the devil himself," she said as I turned to look at Chris and sure enough, there were now small flames radiating from his body and two horns on his head, "Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a ritual to begin."

She held her dagger up high and began chanting Latin verses. Chris laid down beside Jaime and became unconscious while the flames extinguished themselves. She was about to bring her dagger down but suddenly Vic pushed her over, making them both tumble to the ground.

He quickly got up and ran over to me, messing up the pentagram with his foot, "What are you doing here?!"

"What else does it look like? I came here to help you and Jaime," he said as he went around me trying to mess up the satanic symbol.

I saw the enraged female came running towards us, "Vic, watch out!"

He quickly turned around but didn't raise his hands on time as she stabbed the dagger deep into his heart.

.
.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Ahh, I feel like poop.