Chapter Six.

*Vic's POV*
The flight to Cali was always hectic. There's so many people at the airport that it's catastrophic. It took a lot of courage to get on that plane, I couldn't keep calm during the flight because I had the feeling the plane would crash. Luckily it didn't but now I was waiting Mr. Stump at a local coffee shop.

"I apologize for making you wait, the traffic out there is terrifying. But, enough of chitchat, I've come here for business."

He took out a brown folder out of his portfolio and placed it in front of me. I was pretty sure that my parents left things for Mike and I but now I was the only one left. I hesitated and opened it, reading the overly complex words.

"Your parents left you their home here in San Diego and they also left you a house in Michigan where your grandparents used to live. They also left a lot of money, your dad had been saving up for you and Michael so that you guys wouldn't have to worry about anything."

What was the point of having two homes with no one to live with? I would have to give up one but they both had sentimental value... I would have to sell it to someone I trust.

"They also requested to be buried next to your grandparents in Michigan. There isn't much space here in Cali and they preferred to be somewhere more peaceful."

I nodded. At least no one would bother them there, no loud music, no annoying tourists, no cars honking obnoxiously as they do here. It made sense, they really wanted to just rest in peace.

"Is that all, Mr. Stump?"

"Yes, that is all." He put his hand on my shoulder, "Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Life takes drastic turns but that's just a part of living. Keep in mind that things happen for a reason."

I gave him a confused look, didn't Officer Mullins say the same thing? I guess it's a famous quote when you're constantly dealing with death related jobs.

"Thank you, I'll be leaving now since I have to prepare my family's burial."

We shook hands and I exited the cafe, going back to the home I once lived in. The house was white, my dad worked as a painter; painting houses for the rich old folks. It was a spacey home, mamá always managed to keep it nice and clean. I couldn't live here though, I wanted to be near my parent's graves so that I could visit them everyday. That would mean I would have to move to the house they left me in Michigan. I decided to call my bestfriend, Curtis, to ask if he wanted to live here.

I trusted him to take care of this home and I remembered he said something about wanting to move to California. Just then, I received a phone call. Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.

"Hey, Vic! What's up? Sorry I didn't answer yesterday, my phone was on silent and I was knocked out."

"Hey, Peoples. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to move here at my old home in Cali."

There was a small pause, "What? Doesn't your family live there?"

"N-Not... Not anymore," I managed to choke out.

"Did they upgrade to an even bigger home? Cause if they did then I gotta see it!"

"Curt, my parents and brother passed away in the plane crash in Texas."

There was a long pause, "Vic... I'm so sorry, I didn't know..."

"No one knew other than Danielle. Anyway-"

"Is she there with you? Why didn't she tell me anything?"

"We broke up on that same day. She kicked me out. I was going to ask you if I could leave some things with you but I decided to take everything with me."

"Dude, what happened? I thought you were even gonna ask her to marry you."

"It's a long story and I'd rather not talk about it. But anyway, do you take my offer? I'll sell you the house since I'll be living in another house in Michigan. Don't worry about the price, I'll accept anything you give me."

"This is all so sudden but um... yes, I'll live move in."

"You have to swear to me that you'll love and protect this house as if it was your child. Got it? I'm trusting you, Peoples."

"Don't worry about it, Vic. You know how I am, quiet and reserved... unless I'm with you. You bring out the loco in me," he laughed.

I laughed at his funny-sounding Spanish, "Move in when you can, I'll leave all the furniture and things so that you'll only have to bring some things with you. I'll be leaving other things in the attic if you don't mind."

"No, not at all. Mi casa es su casa," he said again in a funny accent.

"I'll visit you someday after I settle in in my new home. Laters, Curt."

"Laters!"

I hung up my phone. Everything was slowly getting put into place. Curtis will be living in my parent's home, I will be living in my grandparent's old home, my family will be buried in a nearby cemetery, and I'll have to start my life all over again. I don't know how I'm going to do it, they were my moral support, my backbone. The amount of money my dad left was enough to last me a good 10 years. I can't just stay home and do nothing so I would have to find a job over there. I'll see.

*flash forward*

As far as I knew, we didn't have any other family members besides my grandparents but they passed away a long time ago. Being alone at the funeral just showed me how lonely I was now and made me cry even more. The people from the funeral service told me it was time to bury them in the cemetery so they took out my family's coffins out of the room and we went outside.

It was sunny for a place like Michigan, I expected it to rain like I saw in movies. Maybe my family was at peace now and they were illuminating me. Who am I kidding? I'm on my own now. They did the ceremony service and it was time to lower down their coffins. I dropped down red roses as they covered their coffins with dirt.

After the people were done burying them they gave me their condolences and left me there on my own again. I paid the cemetery keeper to add a bench near their graves so that I could be here for longer periods of time.

I was sitting down for what seemed like two hours when I slightly saw someone hiding behind a grave a few feet in front of me. I saw someone's head poke out and saw that I caught them observing me and they quickly hid back behind the grave.

"Hey!" I don't know why I called out but I ran towards the grave. It was difficult to get to where that person was but once I got there there was no trace of that person even being there. I looked around and saw no one, I figured it was a part of my imagination as I walked back to the bench, only to find the person kneeling in front of my family's grave.

.
.
.
.
.
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*
Yay! Finally, a long chapter! I would've updated sooner but I was so busy drawing, I'm sorry >.< it's 2:40am, I guess it's around this time where there's more brain activity. Sorry if this story doesn't make sense, I feel like it kinda sucks but oh well. Can't back out now. Anyway, please leave a comment or read my other Kellic fanfic called, "The Painter." Thanks!