Chapter Fifteen.

*Vic's POV*
Just like Jaime had said, he was in my driveway within an hour. I was dying to know why he sounded so sad, did he know Kellin?

I hopped into his car, "Hey."

"Hey."

He wasn't his usual, happy self. In fact, he was dressed in a black button down and dress pants.

"Um... What's the occasion?" I asked awkwardly.

He didn't say anything. He handed me a picture that I didn't realize he was holding in his hand. I looked at it and the first person I saw was Kellin.

I looked back at him, "You knew Kellin?" I mentally slapped myself, no shit, Sherlock. Why do you think he has a picture with him?

He looked at me surprised, "Y-You knew him?"

Well I do now but he doesn't know that, "No but my friends Alan and Austin told me what happened..."

"Oh," he said simply.

He started driving towards his house, "Today marks another year without him, I'm still having a hard time coping with it."

"It's okay, Jaime, he misses you too."

He looked at me, "What?"

"K-Keep your eyes on the road!" I panicked.

He looked back on the road and asked me again, "What did you mean when you said he misses me too?"

"I-I said it out of instinct. I'm p-pretty sure our loved ones miss us, e-even in the afterlife," I quickly told him.

"I guess you're right. Hey, did you know that also he used to call me Hime-Time? That's why I was taken aback when you said it."

"I'm sorry, I won't say it again," I apologized.

"N-No, please do, I love that nickname. I like the way it sounds when you say it," he quietly said the last part.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to bring up sad memories."

"Positive like a slut's HIV test," he joked.

I scrunched up my nose, "That's nasty."

~
Jaime insisted that I pass by his house for some coffee but I politely refused. He seemed down when I said no but I promised him we would hang out tomorrow, he was really nice. He even refused to take my money for doing a marvelous job with my car, it didn't look like I had an accident in the first place. He also gave me back my groceries from that day in the accident, I didn't expect that at all.

When I got home I came to the decision that it was time to actually unpack my things and settle in so I spent the next few hours unpacking and fixing everything. I hung up our family pictures, letting tears escape my eyes. I refused to believe that they were gone.

I hung up the last picture when I heard someone knock on my door. I thanked myself for unpacking, it would've been embarrassing for someone to see all the mess. I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Alan? Austin? Hey guys, what's up? Come on in."

I let them in and they took a look around my house, "You did a nice job in unpacking," Austin commented.

"Thanks, it took me hours but I finally got it done. I'm surprised you guys came to visit me," I led them into the living room and let them sit on the couch.